Technical Fiat 600-600d owners

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 600-600d owners

Hello All: Been lurking but felt it was time to pop up. Some nice cars here. This site does seem to have a least a few vintage 600 members. FINALLY!.
Have been looking for a site that includes these little gems. I too am looking for parts and looks like I might find a lead here. Want to keep it closer to stock although Abarth conversion is tempting. My 797cc 1974 600R needs some interior pieces and passenger side glass should be replaced as well. Slowly coming back to life. Anyone ever hear of a "caresa 30" carb. Trying to find a rebuild kit. Have a "weak" 600D shop manual but not sure how much applies. Thanks all.
Here are a few picss. {mandatory, I know. ha ha}

Attachments

• IMG_2071.jpg
    IMG_2071.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 77
  • club posting.jpg
    club posting.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2065.jpg
    IMG_2065.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2043.jpg
    IMG_2043.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 75
Hi All,
I to have a Fiat 600, im from Australia (RHD)
im trying to determine what year my 600 is. I know there are the 2 different sized motors although im guessing there are further 'minor' differences. The reason to try and determine the year model is because the registration papers say 1957 although the plates on the car 1960

For instance my 600 has suicide doors although is 1 glass and the dash only has 2 lights (closest to the door). My headlight switch is a flick type switch
A friend of mine has a 600 with suicide doors and has quarter windows and 3 lights (closest to the door) - also RHD. Also, his headlight switch is a pull switch

based on that info I think mine is a pre 1960 model and his is after. Can anyone confirm or provide more info?

appreciate all comments

Also, i have sourced a few parts from www.fiat126ricambi.com

thanks
Sam

I am very glad to see other Fiat 600D owners. I was getting a bit worried!

Anyway, I have a slight issue with my 1964 Fiat 600D. The engine stops/dies whilst on the move. The ignition light lits up. If still moving, I tried to start the car by pressing the clutch and releasing it whilst still in gear (akin to push starting). It would not start. When the car finally stops, it started after about three goes using the ignition key. The car drives normally again.

The following day it happened again. The engine just stops whilst driving. Pushed the car to the side. The car would not start. It had no issues turning. After waiting for about 30 minutes or so, it started, and everything seems normal again.

Could it be the fuel pump and /or the coil? Any assistance you can provide will be highly appreciated.

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum, and not technically a Fiat 600 owner yet, but plan on being one shortly. Something I have wanted to do for quite some time is buy an old Fiat 600 in Argentina, and then drive it through SA back to the USA. I actually just found out yesterday that this has actually already been done, which was a boost to my confidence in the endeavor.

Nonetheless, I have started doing research and am reaching out to various sources for advice to help me in the purchasing of a car. I want to try and get a pre 1964 'D' that should have the suicide doors. Other than that, I am not sure what to really look out for when it comes to these cars.

What should I expect to break, and be able to replace, on the journey?

Can oil coolers be easily installed, and would that be a wise decision for such a long journey with a diminutive motor? What about a (temporary for the trip) one-inch lift on the car? How much roomier is the 600 than the 500, if at all? I am not overly tall, only 6'2", but I have read in some places that in a 500 tall folks might suffer if driving for long distances. Might it be in my best interest to make some temporary mods to the car to increase comfort for the trip?

Sorry, it's a lot of questions all at once, but any advice or insight that someone might have would be greatly appreciated!

hi Guys.

looks like i have gremlins on my pc. i tried posting but it did not go through.

however i am nearing the end of the project fiat 600.

i am in need of a set of huncaps to complete the car. does anyone have a spare set for sale.

i am in Cape Town South Africa.:)

That's mine: comes from german production from NECKAR Automobilwerke AG and needs some work:
It is a 1960 Jagst 600 with sunroof
it was on road last time about in 1966/1967/1968 and since then slept in a barn for more than 45 years :D

Attachments

• Fiat 600_1.jpg
    Fiat 600_1.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Fiat 600_6.jpg
    Fiat 600_6.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 2013-05-10 19.51.52_kl.jpg
    2013-05-10 19.51.52_kl.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Hi Guys,

First time on this site....

I am an Englishman based in rural Southern Italy and I have a couple of 600's with original documentation that I wish to sell. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where best to market them?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance that you may be able to offer

Dan :)

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of anybody that is looking for a nice 600? If so whizz me a post and I'll get back to you.

Dan

I had a 600 years ago and then a 600D that I uprated with an 850cc engine, big carb, Giannini cam etc - much under-rated little cars. What sort of state are yours in?
Hi Babbo,

Thanks for quoting me buddy! I have three 600D's all in really good condition, all documented, and all for sale at sensible prices, and a beautiful 500F Otto Bulloni Giannini, if anyone out there is looking for one? If you or anyone that is interested whizz me a message with an email addy, I'll send you photos.

Kind regards

Dan

Hi,
Just posted some photos of my 1964 600D Multipla. I'm looking for any other owners of 600's in the S.E. USA to share technical/repair information with. Any one out there?

20160313_174244.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi just found this forum
Does any one know how to run vins on a 600d to find out what year it is?

Currently restoring this sweet ride

Attachments

• IMG_20170421_095729807.jpg
    IMG_20170421_095729807.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 51
Currently restoring this sweet ride
HI All,
Currently I start restore Fiat 600D Multipla 1961.
I'm looking for any other owners of 600's in the Europe to share technical/repair information with. Any one out there?
Can we assume a separate topic - multipla?
60468825b8a874700311d45e.jpg

Last edited:
Just saw your post from last year. Don't know if you still have your Multipla or not, but I wanted to share my Website with you in case it is of some help to you. https://www.fiatmultiplaregistry.com

I am by no means a Fiat export, but I have been working on mine for a couple of years now and I am collecting as much information as I can and putting it on the site for the benefit of other owners.

Regards

Good afternoon,

I am new to Fiats, new to the site, and I have a 1959 600 being delivered this week that hasn’t ran since the 70’s. I am expecting to have a lot of questions over the next few months while getting this car road ready, but first can anyone help me find a copy of Fiat 600 Engine Project - 633cc to 892cc Engine Build Book John Edwards put out?

Thanks

Back