General Farewell 1.1

Currently reading:
General Farewell 1.1

Scrogg

Get Your Own Title!
FGAUK has today announced details of the 'Series 3' Panda range that will see us through to the new model some time next year.

I will post full details later, but the most significant change (other than the demise of 1.2 Eleganza, 4x4, Cross and 100HP that we already know about) is the the 1.1 engine in Active ECO is being replaced with the 1.2 engine from Dynamic ECO...

Hmm. Active gets the nasty coloured seats of the Dynamic and loses it's recently gained 12v socket. :(

Dynamic gets a decent spec with split fold seats as standard along with alloy wheels. :)

But the prices are a joke. I hope SuperSaver do some deep discounts or our next Panda will be a Hyundai i10

Very interesting times. I will still be surprised if we see the new model in the UK next year. It sounds like the series 3 Dynamic will be a good buy if you can afford it. Alloy wheels, air con and front fogs as standard. The old 1.1 has finally been dropped but its served Fiat for many many years.

I wonder how much the next sporty and cross type Pandas will be if ever made. Very I think.

Last edited:
Dynamic gets a decent spec with split fold seats as standard along with alloy wheels. :)

I'm only guessing, but it looks as though the rationale behind the new spec is that as Eleganza is no longer offered they are not going to lose any potential Eleganza buyers as Dynamic plus optional Climate Control pretty much fills the gap.

But the prices are a joke. I hope SuperSaver do some deep discounts or our next Panda will be a Hyundai i10

They are the list prices. When was the last time anyone paid list price for any FIAT other than a 500?

Erm I can't believe they have got rid of the 12v socket on the Active!

The dymanic seems a lot better specced though but then it needs to be since both models now have the same engines.

The list prices have only gone up slightly but I can't see the discounts being as deep as the current Actives. I.e I doubt you will be able to buy the new 1.2 Active for £5500.

Scrogg has Fiat said anything about a replacement for the 100HP? I know they didnt sell many anyway but its still sales they will be losing. I was just wondering if they have given details of when (or if) the next will one be out. Then if people want to order one and cant then can be given details of when or not to expect the replacement.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if FIAT ever plans to bring a 4x4 version of future Pandas to the UK ?

AFAIK it's the souped up 69BHP version too.

I haven't seen anything official yet, but it would seem likely as the 1.2 with 69BHP has just been re-introduced into the Punto Evo range after being dropped from the Grande Punto range back in 2009, but it will depend on the CO2 levels.

On the Punto it's 123 g/km but with the Panda they'll want to keep it under 120,

As others have said, seems a shame about losing the 12v socket on the Active, as it can't cost much for them to add but could put off buyers who think speccing it as an option (if possible) is tight.

Agree with Scrogg that the Dynamic is more of less now an Eleganza spec. In this case the prices seem good, though people who think less hard about it might think it's abit of a pi*s take asking that much for a Panda. Should be discounts though, but you know what some people are like - 'THAT much, for a FIAT :eek:' etc etc

Interesting how they say that further details will be announced shortly though. Makes me wonder if they might do something to the other discontinued Pandas (100HP, 4x4 etc). Seems weird that theyre saying next year for a replacement - they've kept it well hidden - weve usually had years of 'spy shots' in the car mags by now :rolleyes:

Re the 1.2 in the Evo - why the hell have they done that?! If anything it needs a 1.6 diesel, not an even smaller petrol engine. Is this a way of getting list prices on the Evo down to the Grande Punto Sound level?

The list prices have only gone up slightly but I can't see the discounts being as deep as the current Actives. I.e I doubt you will be able to buy the new 1.2 Active for £5500.

For me the Active has to be below £6000.

Looking at what Hyundai will sell you for £6,795 the Panda needs to be discounted so stay in the running.

The loss of 12v socket is annoying. I didn't spec one when I bought mine as the thought never occurred to me that it wouldn't have one.

I wish Hyundai were doing that offer in March :(. I couldn't qualify for scrappage and the i10 was a big contender but the FIAT finance offer was better as the car was a lot cheaper. Now that Hyundai is much better :mad:

Well actually the total amount works out about £500 cheaper. However the Panda is cheaper to insure and is probably a better long term bet. I know I can cheap parts for the FIRE but getting parts for a Hyundai engine may be tricky.

I paid £6500 for my Panda but that included £400 for the metalic blue paint, it would have been £6100 otherwise. My loan is 11% APR but after two years the buyout rate is actually quite good so I can terminate it early and get a cheaper bank loan perhaps.

The 4x4 Panda has always been a standard in the Panda range. My first car was a Panda Sisley 4x4 and it was a great machine. I really cant imagine Fiat not making another 4x4 Panda because its so popular in europe.

I guess they will make them for Europe but Fingers crossed that will make a UK spec.

Interestingly (well I found it interesting) the car configurator on the FIAT web site still shows the petrol 4x4 with a different set of colours and options than was there when we bought ours in May. I wonder if this indicates an as yet undeclared product offering for Euro 5 or if it represents the remains of the stock left in the UK ?

Last edited:
There's a 'hopeful' line in the Fiat document: 'initially available in 2 trims with 2 engines..." with a hint of more to follow, perhaps?

In a previous thread about 2011 Pandas (that we all stopped reading as it went w-a-y off topic), I made a link to a list of 2011/EuroV Pandas available in Holland (http://www.autoedizione.nl/2010/09/11/fiat-panda-my2011/) which suggests perhaps that the rest of Europe does still get the 4x4 (and Cross) and the 'Eleganza' (called Emotion over there?). Still, no 100HP there though...

I wonder if here in the UK we are being offered a reduced range because the 500 it taking all the sales? (Rest of Europe, I suspect the Panda still out-sells the 500) Hardly worth making RHD of every model if the Panda is seen by some as the underdog. So, go on, tell everyone to stop buying 500s (or KAs), and remind them the Panda is bigger, has more doors, and costs less!! Then we might get the 'full' Panda range back here

Here's the list from the Dutch magazine:
1.2 Actual 69 pk
1.2 Active 69 pk
1.2 Dynamic 69 pk
1.2 Dynamic Mamy 69 pk
1.2 Emotion 69 pk
1.3 Multijet 16V DPF Active 75 pk
1.3 Multijet 16V DPF Dynamic 75 pk
1.3 Multijet 16V DPF Emotion 75 pk
1.2 4×4 Climbing 69 pk
1.3 4X4 Multijet 16V DPF Climbing 75 pk
1.3 4X4 Multijet 16V DPF Cross 75 pk

If thats the retail price then the Panda will be short lived, bigger Fabia works out cheaper at the moment, and the Fabia 90hp is not much more than the MJ. If this daft pricing contiues, there will no Panda production to shift to Italy as the model will not exist. Even the salesman at our local dealership I was at yesterday was astonished that you have to pay £2400 extra for the diesel. Seeing as I have a large repair bill on the horizon for new clutch £480 and turbo £530, I might just chop it in for a VAT free Fabia diesel.

If thats the retail price then the Panda will be short lived, bigger Fabia works out cheaper at the moment, and the Fabia 90hp is not much more than the MJ. If this daft pricing contiues, there will no Panda production to shift to Italy as the model will not exist. Even the salesman at our local dealership I was at yesterday was astonished that you have to pay £2400 extra for the diesel. Seeing as I have a large repair bill on the horizon for new clutch £480 and turbo £530, I might just chop it in for a VAT free Fabia diesel.

Maybe they'll drop the dismal then? I mean for most panda owners a £2400 surplus is never going to be able to be recouped in fuel savings is it?

Back