General Estimated clutch cost - HGT

Currently reading:
General Estimated clutch cost - HGT

What would I be looking at for getting a new clutch kit fitted to the HGT?

I know your all going to say "get a quote" but i just want a rough guide price so I can decide whether its even worth looking at getting it done...

Im looking at getting a garage to do it but I will buy the clutch kit seperate so I get the one I want.

Any ideas? :(

subframe? :confused:

whats the best way to go about it? remove the box with the engine in place or lower the engine down on a hoist/skateboard and jack :p ?

can you not just unbolt the gearbox mounts, supporting the engine with a hoist or something from underneith, then unbolt it and everything attatched to it and remove?

Or is it so bloody tight in the bay that it cant be done like that? Bloody fiat engineering at its best, fit an engine that doesnt actually fit properly...

iev got a haynes but typicaly it doesnt cover the bloody 20v.. i hate haynes...

anyone got a guide on it?

I wasnt realyl gonna try it witha skateboard :p i save that trick for Cinqs :D

I will however support the engine from bellow rather than above as I dont have a hoist and dont want to rent because i cant say how long ill have it.

What do you mean by subframe? im sure all will become clear when i start taking stuff apart but its nicer to know what im getting myself into :p

and im still waiting for someone to tell me what a subframe is :p

be a frame for pics like this i reckon

Subway%20Sandwhich%202%20-%20American%20Desi.jpg

Your engine and gearbox will mount to the subframe, and then the subframe mounts to the car. So you undo the subframe mounts and remove the whole lot. you will probably have enough room then to remove the box etc. you can then put it all back outside the car then swear putting the subframe back in...

Back