New Feature ePER supercharges to become openPER

Currently reading:
New Feature ePER supercharges to become openPER

openper.png
Well you've been asking for it for years (nearly 10 to be exact!) and now it's finally here, the forum's ePER database has been upgraded to v84, which is the last DVD version that was released - hurrah!

But wait! There's more!

If you were just expecting me to have put the DVD online then you obviously don't know me very well ;)

Our new ePER system is a completely rebuilt from scratch beast, coded by our very own @Wiltshire Chris :D

No longer will you need to worry about it crashing or taking forever to find things as it's been brought kicking and screaming into the 2020's with a proper .NET backend.

I myself have been working on the frontend, so now we're also 100% mobile friendly too - which means you can easily use it when you're out on the go and want to argue with the parts department at your local dealship!

All the old links will silently redirect, so you don't need to worry about your bookmarks not working anymore - and can simply enjoy moving from something that looked like this:

1693331504573.png

to this 😍😍

1693331598137.png

But wait! There's even more!

So a new backend and design is all well and good, but what about some new features I hear you ask? Don't worry, we've got you covered there too!

Advanced Search
You can now search by VIN, Chassis number, Parts code and even Part name!

Mobile First Design
As I'd mentioned above, the system has been designed with mobile in mind - so no matter which device you are using, everything will look beautiful :)

No Ads for Forum Friends
If you've donated more than £25 to the forum in a year, then as a forum friend, all the advertising banners are removed 😎

Saved Vehicles
This is the big one!

Any vehicle you add to the garage and fill in the VIN number and registration will now automatically be available in a new menu on openPER called "My Vehicles":

1693332013330.png

Clicking on that will take you directly to a drill down of your vehicle, listing only the relevant part codes for your exact vehicle!

If you haven't yet added your vehicle to the garage (or want to amend an existing one) - see this thread here for instructions.

So what do you think?

We'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas, because as this is an in-house system - we can actually make changes and add features that get requested.

So if you ever thought ePER was missing something really useful, post it down below and we'll see what we can do :)

Also - nothing is perfect, so if you do stumble across any bugs, please list them below too and they will be squished asap!

Once again thanks to @Wiltshire Chris for his amazing work on this - we just hope you all like it <3

Last edited:
Just tried finding the part number for the 100HP

Worked great, was missing from the old eper
Yes, that old database was really holding us back.

I'm going to try and get hold of the even newer one (the USB stick version) as that would give us data up to 2018 (I think)..

Yes, that old database was really holding us back.

I'm going to try and get hold of the even newer one (the USB stick version) as that would give us data up to 2018 (I think)..
I wonder if Fiat might be amenable to us having an up-to-date version, as we are after all, some of their most loyal customers, and look for this data to help keep these vehicles on the road. The more older ones exist, the better the brand looks to new buyers.
Might need to restrict it to donated members, or at least to exclude guests. And the pricing data can be excluded too, we just need to know 'current', 'replaced' or 'no longer available'.
If they want a subscription, let's at least consider it.

Firstly, thank you for the kind words, it's been a fun, if at times daunting, project and I'm grateful to @ben for his support in turning my slightly mad idea into the thing you see today.

Secondly, @ben mentioned above that we can now add features as the code is under our control. One that is in there is something that I wanted. Usually the first thing I wanted to do when I found a part number was to search google for it to find a supplier. I know you could just highlight it and right click etc etc but I added a google search to the parts list. If you click on the little magnifying glass next to a part number it'll open a new tab with a google search done for you:
1693353345530.png

gives you:

1693353590012.png

A small thing but I'm easily pleased!

Hello, what happens to the old version, is it possible to use it yet ?

The new MAJ have not engine stamp, not version code, no DX or SX option ( I live in France with left side conductor seat ), no tissu list and picture, no level trim ( V1/V2/V3, and V6 to V33 etc ), no CF indication... and i were working with this data from more than one year to etudy history of Fiat / Lancia / Alfa, equivalence between oem parts etc.

Cool, is it possible to download it for me ? i have some 1To hdd external, if i could have it it's perfect

If you are and administrator, i have some smart files to show but i don't know how to partage it however in facebook. It's Open Office file

Hello, what happens to the old version, is it possible to use it yet ?

The new MAJ have not engine stamp, not version code, no DX or SX option ( I live in France with left side conductor seat ), no tissu list and picture, no level trim ( V1/V2/V3, and V6 to V33 etc ), no CF indication... and i were working with this data from more than one year to etudy history of Fiat / Lancia / Alfa, equivalence between oem parts etc.
It would be useful if you could supply links to the pages in the old ePER that hold the information you need. Then we can try to add them to openPER if possible. Also, as we now have access to the ePER database it is possible that we might be able to supply some database extracts that help you with your research.

Ok thanks guys.

I will try to do some links, or joint file. Since more than one year i try random VIN to find extra models, for example for the Panda 141 is the Diesel version, Sun Top, Medical Aid, Elettra... Some vin don't work because were not registred in factory to Eper when make ( for example ZFA141A0004241598 who is a Panda 4x4 Val d'Isère make in 1988 at Mirafiori ) or the last Ritmo make however Eper was enable in June 1987, and found interresting data take a lot of time !

I just need all the data that the old eper gives when you put a vin inside. The new Eper have some freeze bugs and needs more power to load on my computer i notice

There's some links of my work, you could use it but it's steel in progress. It's wrote in french today but i will tri to update it in spain and english later, maybe in italian. It's Excel type file, you can modulate it for find the information you search: when start whose model, whose engine, whose tissus, in whose factory, the generations of special series, evolution by serial engine number, coding the mine type by engine

Fiat / Lancia register data ( not yet Alfa but will coming ) with many models:

Technical data and oem list for the engines:

Fiat Panda register, for found 90% of what you want to know about Fiat Panda evolution:

Crossovering this work, i affine story of Panda models ( later for Punto, Barchetta and Bravo/Brava/Marea/Multipla and Y10 ):

or creating a file who permit to know your engine ( for search on web parts oem by engine type ) by mine type on register papers of your car:

So ther is what i do with the old Eper, Enjoy ;)

What i need is on the picture attached, just this VIN data missing on the new

Attachments

• epa.jpg
    epa.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 43
I think we have a lot of your VIN data in the current system:
1693416708401.png

The obvious parts that are missing are detail on the interior colour which we could add to the display, the engine version code and the SX/DX flag. I will add an issue to our issues log to enhance the detail that we show on the openPER screen.

You are certainly doing a lot of work on the data and have made some interesting findings. Having access to the database can make things a lot easier. I have attached a file which contains a list of all the MVS codes held in v84 or ePER. Perhaps you will find this useful?

Attachments

• AllModels.csv
    26.8 MB · Views: 39
well ok, i have try this skill. it take a little time more to manipulate ( i write 100 to 200 random vin to found 10-15 interresting vin per day, with the new it's only 50-90 random vin verified ) and there's little bugs ( freeze screen when you want back, blocked page after choosing the model, close windows when your select vin in it... ).
I have not try yet where Eper goes when your search parts, if it's automatically give right side oem parts or if he knows if the vin it's from a right side or left side drive ( DX / SX flag to choose in the old Eper )

I download your file, i don't know if my software is inadapted or something else but it's not easy to read sometimes. I put you capscreen if you see what is wrong.

I will try to hurry up to found mi missing data on the link of your old Eper version, but i'm work a lot in september, then repair a friends car in october and then work a lot again. I hope have finish all mi research with the old eper at december or january, but making that file take hours and hours.

I'm asking if I could take you in a big HDD this old version of Eper ? Is it possible ? Mi dream is to succed to extract all the vin data in a list, like i'm doing, and see all the special models even if there's millions of vin data to look

Attachments

• mvs.jpg
    mvs.jpg
    812.7 KB · Views: 40
  • mvs2.jpg
    mvs2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
In order to keep this announcement thread clean, I've moved the discussion on @moyanos2023 question to a new thread:

Back