Technical electrical fault!!!!

Currently reading:
Technical electrical fault!!!!

nathplummer

Hi guys,

I have got a 2002 fiat punto go 1.2 8v and I have got a major problem.
It started about 2 weeks ago. The engine management and oil light started coming on when I turned the car off and took the key out. When I start the car up again the lights go off? If I turn the car off with door open, the open door light, engine management & oil light stay on when turned off?
The other day I was driving and it started to rain and there was a noise coming from somewhere.
This morning I went out to the car to go to work (it was raining heavy) and it would not even turn over?
Now the lights are going off when I turn car off??

Has anyone here ever had a similar problem? What is it?
Please help me??:confused:

Thanks

I had a similar (if not the same thing exactly) on mine. I popped open the fuse box cover (near the drivers knee/steering wheel) and not knowing what to do I pulled the fuses one at a time. Not sure which one but one of them cut the power for the body computer (apparently) and when I replaced it it sorted itself out again. never done it since. :)

Its easier to disconnect the battery for an hour or so. this resets the body computer/ecu and should fix the problem.

NOTE it you have an aftermarket radio make sure you have the code for it else it wont work after you disconnect the battery

Back