Technical Egr delete ... The easy way.

Currently reading:
Technical Egr delete ... The easy way.

On the contrary EGR WORSENS the situation for the DPF. It worsens the combustion as this is the main principle of its existence.

EGR is the main reason you see smoke on Diesels of many kms.

If you delete it then you let just clean air to enter the cylinders and diesel burns better than if you let part clean air and part exhaust gas to do so.

If your EGR cannot function properly or you drive the car more economically, then most likely it will get stuck and let more exhaust gas to enter the cylinder making your combustion to have less oxygen for the diesel to burn clean.
Smoke will be produced and trapped by your DPF. Dpf will eventually block and the sensor will give command for REGEN. Then a lot more fuel than normal will enter the cylinders for the temp of the DPF to rise and get rid of the soot that is captured. So more pollution. Furthermore, if that happens all the time you might end up with diesel in your motor oil, due to excess quantity sprayed. In fact only BAD THINGS happen with EGR on...

Last edited:
SWEETSIXTEEN. I have just come across your post re: the EGR delete circuit. Will this work for a Doblo with 1.9 multijet 120 bhp. or would it need some different components ?

I already have a blanking plate installed since some years now. Come MOT time, on the way to the test centre I just pull up at the roadside and clear the fault code to get rid of the engine warning light. Stays off long enough to get through the test.. but it does cause me some anxiety lol.

I'd like to know if using this little circuit will still flag an EGR fault with the ECU? Ideally the light would just stay off.

Also, does it matter what kind of diode is used?

I already have a blanking plate installed since some years now. Come MOT time, on the way to the test centre I just pull up at the roadside and clear the fault code to get rid of the engine warning light. Stays off long enough to get through the test.. but it does cause me some anxiety lol.

I'd like to know if using this little circuit will still flag an EGR fault with the ECU? Ideally the light would just stay off.

Also, does it matter what kind of diode is used?
Its illegal here in the UK and use the car on the road

Might be worth sending a PM to the original poster. I suspect there will be no error code.

there are EGR emulators that just plug in knocking around. Loads of cheap ones for other models but the cheapest I could find for Fiat was £70

It can definitely be deactivated via the ECU without any error lights ever again. But have no idea how much this would cost.

I had the EGR disconnected on my last car a Renault 1.5 dci but the Panda is just as Fiat intended,
What I did with the Renault was connect egr valve I had knocking about and leaving the org in
place fixed the other in the engine bay, never threw a fault code, I don't know if this approach
would work on the Panda as I don't have a spare valve to try it.
What did happen even after 100,000 miles was the oil was still clean when it was due to be changed
and the soot emissions reading was less that .1m-1 at MOT the limit was 3.0m-1

Its illegal here in the UK and use the car on the road

Might be worth sending a PM to the original poster. I suspect there will be no error code.

there are EGR emulators that just plug in knocking around. Loads of cheap ones for other models but the cheapest I could find for Fiat was £70

It can definitely be deactivated via the ECU without any error lights ever again. But have no idea how much this would cost.
I guess for sake of the couple of quid the components will cost I should probably just give it a shot. If it works, cool. If not, no big deal.

I guess for sake of the couple of quid the components will cost I should probably just give it a shot. If it works, cool. If not, no big deal.
did you see @RalphM post. If you still have the old valve you should be able to remove the solenoid from the valve and plug it back in and tie it out of the way. Not 100% sure. But can't see why it would throw an error its still operating just not doing anything.

did you see @RalphM post. If you still have the old valve you should be able to remove the solenoid from the valve and plug it back in and tie it out of the way. Not 100% sure. But can't see why it would throw an error its still operating just not doing anything.
The ecu monitors the gas flow and pressure not just the operation of the valve

hi i have a fiat doblo 1.9 jtd

whenever i blank the egr I obviously get a eml light but also it says engine failure lol a bit over the top!!

I'm wondering will the wiring on page 1 or 2? work for mine to get the eml off with the plate fitted? i just don't see the point in having holes drilled in the plate as the hole on the pipe is small anyway so drilling 3 holes is just going to basically make it so the plate isn't even there!

I'm confident with wiring I was actually going to get a remap with egr off but the engine is very high mileage 212k! but runs very well tbh but its smokey with the egr on but not when blanked

I have a fiat doblo 1.9 jtd

I'm confident with wiring I was actually going to get a remap with egr off but the engine is very high mileage 212k! but runs very well tbh but its smokey with the egr on but not when blanked
This is a bit "left field" but how about swapping the whole engine and doing the remap? You would need to do some research but Fiat are noted for keeping stuff the same whenever they can and complete engines are not silly money.

Back