Technical ECU Cant Connect

Currently reading:
Technical ECU Cant Connect

I've just tried connecting to the engine without any adapters and it worked perfectly

Excellent! So the adapter, your ECU, MultiEcuscan and your laptop are talking nicely to each other. Looks like a faulty red adapter cable. Grab a multimeter and test the adapter against the wiring diagrams on MultiEcuscan. If the cable is rubbish, get one from London Electric.

Excellent! So the adapter, your ECU, MultiEcuscan and your laptop are talking nicely to each other. Looks like a faulty red adapter cable. Grab a multimeter and test the adapter against the wiring diagrams on MultiEcuscan. If the cable is rubbish, get one from London Electric.

Hi when I connect the red adapter the light still comes on on the main cable. Does this mean the adapters working? I'm just hoping it's a bad adapter and there's nothing serious wrong

Just a visual inspection is the best you can hope for at this stage. Alternatively, you'll need another similar Punto to test your equipment on, or a known, good red adapter that has been proven to work on another vehicle to test for damage to your vehicle's electrics.

Ok thanks I have had a look at it and it all looks fine. The problem is I don't know anyone else with a Punto. The only thing I can think of doing now is waiting for the adapter to come and try it

I've tried a replacement red adapter and it's still not working.

It says to check the adapter or com settings

Can someone help please ?

hard to help what can we do realistically
did you do a pin through check with a buzzy multimeter?
i took one of my leads to bits once because i thought it had failed but it just wouldnt work on this particular car

do you not know anyone friends family with a punto you could try on to see if it works on theirs?

Back