General dual logic gearbox removal

Currently reading:
General dual logic gearbox removal

hi all, my mothers panda dual logic gearbox has failed and after a lot of searching we have decided to buy another gearbox and swap it over (made a thread on it on here)

i thought i'd make a new thread to find out if there is anything i might struggle with or anything i might need to remove the gearbox? i've done lots of clutches but never any on a dual logic type gearbox.

my mam rang a garage and was quoted £250 to swap it over which seems steep to me but apparantly it's a 6 hour job and they told her you need to do all sorts, not sure about that!

any help would be great, i'm going to do it to save her the labour costs and help her out (y)

that's what i was hoping/thinking, when my mam rang the place that is normally ok she said they told her something about torque that takes a lot of time.. unless they're thinking torque convertor which obviously they don't have.

got a gearbox with 20k miles on it for £450, seen it working today hopefully have the wrapped up through next week (y)

don't want to curse myself but we picked up the gearbox with actuator on today.

came off a 20k miler and for £450 i was pleased, it was local too.

there's 2 multi plugs and an earth strap as everything is controlled by the actuator which is already fitted, it looks like it should be very straight forward and easier than a normal manual as there's no slave cylinder or linkages to remove and fit (y)

will keep you updated :D

Few other things came up this week so only just got around to removing the box today.. Nice and easy apart from a few awkward bolts and tight space.

Clutch was down to the rivets so even if she had paid the £1300 for a new actuator the Gearbox would have had to come out very soon anyway

i forgot to say, it did not need any calibration although the battery was off for a few days which may have helped reset things.

as soon i went to pull away it was perfect, just as well because my mother was watching :p

i used an LUK clutch from ebay came to about £53 - cheap ones were about £45 so it was a no brainer.

also, the release bearing was pretty gritty, probably because the dualogic spends a lot of time in 1st with the clutch in which is not ideal.

Last edited:
Back