Driving Test

Currently reading:
Driving Test

Ahhh this thread brings back the time I passed in my Mk1 75... Oh I miss those days.

I did 4 manoeuvres in my tests. You can do a 3 point turn in 5 points, just know the size of the car (in this case, bloody tiny) and don't hit the curb. Make sure you don't cross over your hands and always use the handbrake when changing in and out of reverse/first.

I did a day of constantly doing 3 point turns and perfected them within 15 minutes so it's not hard.

I wish you the best of luck with the test. (y)

I got my one minor from not checking the rear view mirror when going something, but I can't remember what it was .... so yeah, always check your rear view mirror .. lol

i get told of for that all the time when i'm reversing my instructor is gonna cover up my wing mirrors if i don't start doing it :eek:

i get told of for that all the time when i'm reversing my instructor is gonna cover up my wing mirrors if i don't start doing it :eek:

i thought you got minors if you use any of the mirrors to much

i was taught to always turn round and look out the back window ad use mirrors for reference

i thought you got minors if you use any of the mirrors to much

i was taught to always turn round and look out the back window ad use mirrors for reference

you do thats why i get told of all the time :eek:

hi,very important to check ur mirror BEFORE you signal,make sure the instructor sees you looking at the mirror,remember, mirror,signal,manovere,
good luck,
tony.

The pressure was unreal I thought. Never expereienced pressure like that before. But if you can relax then do so. Just think of it like your instructor has gone on holidays and you've got a new one and do what you do normally.

Interesting the bit about reversing & looking out of the back window. My instructor told me to use the garage sticker in the rear window & line a certain letter up with the kerb - I could never get it right. However, reversing around the corner using the wing mirrors was perfect.
I eventually figured out the problem - being 6'4" tall meant that by aligning the first letter with the kerb put me almost 24" off the kerb whereas aligning the last letter on the sticker with the kerb put me within a few inches, and perfection (in the same way that not adjusting the rear view mirror meant all I could see was the lap belt on the back seats - from where the instructor had set it earlier).
Whilst the instructor's advice was well-meaning, he should have advised me to pull up at the correct distance from the kerb and then pick a letter which lined up with the kerb.
What's also interesting is that almost everything I have driven since passing has been wing mirror only for reversing.

Whatever you do mate dont ever think that half way through the test that you have failed. Just keep going and dont panic over any little mistakes you might have made. This can really put you off so just stay focused and dont dwell on things.

Other than that, just pretend its your nan in the passenger or something. Or a parent or something :)

The examiner is only a person remember - they make mistakes too (y)

Good luck dude

Whatever you do mate dont ever think that half way through the test that you have failed. Just keep going and dont panic over any little mistakes you might have made. This can really put you off so just stay focused and dont dwell on things.

Other than that, just pretend its your nan in the passenger or something. Or a parent or something :)

The examiner is only a person remember - they make mistakes too (y)

Good luck dude

I sat my motorbike test a few weeks ago, and I know its not the same, but I made a big mistake at start of test and spent the rest of test thinking I had failed.Therefore I was more relaxed and was not worried about things as the test wore on.
Upshot was I did pass, but wonder if I did so well later on because I was more relaxed

Back