Motor dealer buys 169 panda for peanuts - and drives it to Southern Spain!

Currently reading:
Motor dealer buys 169 panda for peanuts - and drives it to Southern Spain!

Just thought this sequence of videos might interest you all. I've been watching this chap's videos for a while now and find them informative and interesting. I was particularly attracted to this one because it's a 2010 car, and so is our Becky. Although our Becky is a petrol, not a diesel like his. Anyway, I watched the first video and then up popped a link to the second. I'm about half way through the second and a link popped up for the third. So here they all are, hope you enjoy:

I started watching him (most of his videos) because of his Panda one. He's alright, loves the sound of his own voice, but his videos are entertaining and he has a respect for the Panda. Always keen to hear what he thinks of various cars, though he does tend to look down on a lot of them (sometimes rightfully). It's eye opening to me how little he/ the trade might make on bringing in old cars and flipping them for all the hassle. The prices in my own car shopping and his videos of 'old bangers' these days being anything up to 5k whereas 8 years ago they would have been up to 2k still never fails to shock me!!!

Just reminds me of when I got my little mk2b Multijet diesel Punto, which was a lot like the panda just with a bit more room.

The Engine was great and Me and my then girlfriend, now wife did many trips up and down the UK. Never took her abroad but having done many trips across france in other cars the second video brought another lot of good memories back.

The whole time I owned it the only issue was a dodgy engine earth and a set of glow plug when I'd had it about 4 years. I even went 2 nearly 3 years without servicing it when I was particularly skint, and it just kept going.

I'd definitely recommend anyone who gets the chance Visits Le Mans, having a dad who worked in GT racing in the 90s and being a motor sport fan its a bit of a mecca for car nuts. you can drive round parts of the course as they are normal roads during the rest of the year, and the museum is fantastic. The town it nice as well

I'm surprised he didn't take more time in Le Mans in his Video, but for anyone interested.

You get some amazing streets to wonder round like this
P9190932.JPGP9190935.JPG
Some motoring legends in the museum like these
P9190958.JPGP9190943.JPG
My Dad was Gifted a bottle of some very special Champagne when mid race he helped weld something important on the Porsche GT1 car in 97 so had to get a pic of that

P9190956.JPG

And I remember going to Silverstone in 98 and standing in the Pits when the Panoz went by the whole building shook, you knew exactly where it was on the track from the noise. They had one of those too.
P9190955.JPG

If you were planning to make this trip, I'd recommend the route we took which was to go from Portsmouth on the overnight Ferry to St Malo
St Malo is unbelievably stunning. Then drive East and plot a visit to Le Mont Saint Michel. If you get the over night ferry and go straight there you miss all the tourist who get up much later in the day. You can then be out of there by early afternoon when it is heaving.

Le Mans is not far down the road. Some nice hotels and bars. Nice places to eat too.

Another place that is nice to visit in the area is Orléans which is not far outside Paris so you can work your way a cross Brittaney over a few days and finish up in Paris.

I talked a friend of mine into taking this route on his way down to Portugal, he headed south after Le Mans but he absolutely loved it.

Joie de vivre, as they say

I started watching him (most of his videos) because of his Panda one. He's alright, loves the sound of his own voice, but his videos are entertaining and he has a respect for the Panda. Always keen to hear what he thinks of various cars, though he does tend to look down on a lot of them (sometimes rightfully). It's eye opening to me how little he/ the trade might make on bringing in old cars and flipping them for all the hassle. The prices in my own car shopping and his videos of 'old bangers' these days being anything up to 5k whereas 8 years ago they would have been up to 2k still never fails to shock me!!!
"loves the sound of his own voice". Amen to that. His videos started popping up as suggestions last year. Watched a couple, but came to the sound of his voice conclusion and never went back. I do watch "Chops Garage" once in a while, some of his stuff is worth a watch and he does have a nice Barchetta for sale at the moment (11k miles from new). Although he does use click bait title for his videos and up until about 18 months ago, all you ever saw was his hand as he never talked to the camera.

Back