General drivers door window replacement. help

Currently reading:
General drivers door window replacement. help

newbie fiat

need a guide on replacing the drivers side window on my fiat panda 1.1 active 2005.

some t*** decided to break it whilst trying to steal the car as i was setting off while i had my 3 year old in the back!

this t*** is well known in the area but police wont do anything, his dad is in and out of jail and knows the system so educates him as to what he can and cant get away with.

apparently attempted robbery and vandalism doesn't warrant an arrest, witnesses saw it and everything. as soon as they heard his name they didn't even need his address just said they would go and have a chat. f**king useless.

exactly what i needed on new years eve (well almost)

anyway any help much appreciated! need to source one as cheap as possible got bugger all spare cash till end of January so if anyone spots one send me the link please! doesn't seem to be many on eBay etc anyone breaking a panda?

Cheers

need a guide on replacing the drivers side window on my fiat panda 1.1 active 2005.

some t*** decided to break it whilst trying to steal the car as i was setting off while i had my 3 year old in the back!

this t*** is well known in the area but police wont do anything, his dad is in and out of jail and knows the system so educates him as to what he can and cant get away with.

apparently attempted robbery and vandalism doesn't warrant an arrest, witnesses saw it and everything. as soon as they heard his name they didn't even need his address just said they would go and have a chat. f**king useless.

exactly what i needed on new years eve (well almost)

anyway any help much appreciated! need to source one as cheap as possible got bugger all spare cash till end of January so if anyone spots one send me the link please! doesn't seem to be many on eBay etc anyone breaking a panda?

Cheers
hi, not 100% sure which glass you are referring to..??
the small rear one is bonded into the shell and a PIA ,
the 2 x up and down door mounted ones are o.k.,
but you'll have to get the correct TINT

look here on ePER for the part No's;

http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi...3&WINDOW_ID=1&SGRP_COD=29&SGS_COD=0&DRW_NUM=2

Charlie

anyway any help much appreciated! need to source one as cheap as possible got bugger all spare cash till end of January so if anyone spots one send me the link please!

Remember that most comprehensive insurance policies include windscreen cover. The windscreen cover clause usually applies to all the glass in the car, so you should be able to get this fixed professionally through your insurance for just the cost of the windscreen excess - this normally won't affect your no claim discount.

A broken side glass could easily be caused by a flying stone chipping.

Last edited:
insurance excess was £80. glass + help fitting from a scrap yard £30
and no it wasn't a stone flying up, as i said in my original post someone tried to steal it as i was setting off with my 3 year old in the back.

cheers for the advice all though!

Remember that most comprehensive insurance policies include windscreen cover. The windscreen cover clause usually applies to all the glass in the car, so you should be able to get this fixed professionally through your insurance for just the cost of the windscreen excess - this normally won't affect your no claim discount.

A broken side glass could easily be caused by a flying stone chipping.

Even though your no claims will not be affected your next renewal will be. Plus the excess. Not normally worth claiming even for a windscreen unless its a high end car with sensors built into it.

Even though your no claims will not be affected your next renewal will be. Plus the excess. Not normally worth claiming even for a windscreen unless its a high end car with sensors built into it.

yep agreed thats why i went for the scrap yard option.

Back