Technical DPF Sensor Readings 2012 x250 3.0 180

Currently reading:
Technical DPF Sensor Readings 2012 x250 3.0 180

RedFrame

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the aproximate readings that I should be seeing from the DPF sensor on the above vehicle.

a) When the engine is not running.

b) At Idle.

c) At 2000 rpm.

I'm seeing 910Mbar in Multiecuscan in all states, I'm guessing that there should be no difference in pressure when the vehicle isn't running and a difference between Idle and 2000rpm... ?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers
Red

Is your warning light on ?Your sensor probably faulty 32 milli bar 2k Rev with new sensor

Is your warning light on ?Your sensor probably faulty 32 milli bar 2k Rev with new sensor

Yes, the engine light is on and a couple of fault codes relating to the DPF efficiency and DPF sensor, I figure the sensor is faulty but just needed confirmation.

Thanks for the response, I'll order a new sensor.

Cheers
Red.

Probably p2454 and p1206?Remove sensor tap it on your hand if any water in it replace sensor blow two pipes with compressed air fit new sensor tell ecu you’ve fitted new keep diag tool connected on passengers knee for roadtest because if dpf really blocked it can throw light on again so you might need to clear it before run this can cause engine not rev good drive 60mph 15miles will clear system

Thanks for your posts Whine0, they've been really helpful.

A second hand sensor arrived today from a well known auction site, we'll see what it gives, if all's good I'll post up the figures here so that others have access to the information.

I've also ordered a a new part from China at 16 groats (from the same site), just to put on test and for sh*ts and giggles.

Failing that I'll have to invest in an OEM part.

Cheers
Red.

O Redframe it made my nails curl reading your thread 2nd hand sensors and imports from China I cringe reading your next thread with one eye closed[emoji51]your gonna say parts working great how dare you!!

O Redframe it made my nails curl reading your thread 2nd hand sensors and imports from China I cringe reading your next thread with one eye closed[emoji51]your gonna say parts working great how dare you!!

I do apologise for using second hand parts, but I do like to keep the vehicle as original as possible and as this part came off a 2012 Ducato (the same year as mine) I feel that it couldn't be any more original. :D :D

Of course I wouldn't want to upset you any further whine0, so I'll refrain from informing you that after clearing the codes and executing the New DPF Sensor code everything is rosy in the garden :eek:

Thanks again for your help :slayer: , I'll take her out for a run shortly and check the Particulate Filter state afterwards.

Just in case anyone else is after this information I've attached the MES screen shots for each of the three engine states (y)

1) At Ignition on = around 3Mbar
2) At Idle = around 8Mbar
3) At 2000rpm = around 14Mbar

Cheers
Red

Attachments

• DPFSensoratIgnOn.jpg
    DPFSensoratIgnOn.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 89
  • DPFSensoratIdle.jpg
    DPFSensoratIdle.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 67