Technical Door card

Currently reading:
Technical Door card

russ44

Hello

Can you buy replacement door cards (the spongy vinyl insert piece, not the full door card)?

Or are they .only sold as one piece?

The car is a 2014 panda 4x4 and has damaged / ripped vinyl inserts.

Not sure whether they can be replaced diy, has anyone tried?

Thank you

I think an automotive retrimmer is your best bet for the seats. Replace the plasticised canvas with leather! I once had mynew standard car seats covers fitted to GTI seats in a Citroen. Local-ish man did the job and it looked fabulous for a quite sensible sum. Door cars I think its a new one or a breakers job.

Hello

Can you buy replacement door cards (the spongy vinyl insert piece, not the full door card)?

Or are they .only sold as one piece?

The car is a 2014 panda 4x4 and has damaged / ripped vinyl inserts.

Not sure whether they can be replaced diy, has anyone tried?

Thank you
Fairly sure they are one peace and not something you can separate easy probably plastic weldedr,/ultrasonic welded together unless the 2012 panda is vastly different to most other fiats door trims I've seen

It's interesting.. the part catalogue shows the whole panel as one part (see below). But there are two or three alternative colours for the vinyl panel, which might suggest that is a separate piece? if you can work out a way of removing it, the part number for the inner panel is very likely moulded into it (if plastic) or on a sticky label stuck on it.

My 2013 4x4 had similar vinyl-trimmed panels on the rear doors in the beige colour that matched the fronts and the seats. I can't remember what the 2017 car had (the one I only had a few weeks before it was written off). On my current (2018) model, while try front ones are green vinyl like teh seat sides, those panels in the rear door are the same hard plastic as the rest of the door 'card' - less elegant but more durable when carrying stuff with the seats folded down.

1676564773350.png
1676564773350.png

It's interesting.. the part catalogue shows the whole panel as one part (see below). But there are two or three alternative colours for the vinyl panel, which might suggest that is a separate piece? if you can work out a way of removing it, the part number for the inner panel is very likely moulded into it (if plastic) or on a sticky label stuck on it.

My 2013 4x4 had similar vinyl-trimmed panels on the rear doors in the beige colour that matched the fronts and the seats. I can't remember what the 2017 car had (the one I only had a few weeks before it was written off). On my current (2018) model, while try front ones are green vinyl like teh seat sides, those panels in the rear door are the same hard plastic as the rest of the door 'card' - less elegant but more durable when carrying stuff with the seats folded down.

View attachment 418776View attachment 418776
The trim panels are ‘plastic welded’ in and are relatively easy to drill or ‘melt’ back out. The problem is ‘welding’ them back in as you’ve usually melted or drilled out too much material, but, they will bond in with polyurethane sealant/bonding material
It’s just not worth the effort when you can source complete doorcards off the usual sites…it’s just a pity they rarely come up individually as they’re usually sold with a complete interior

Back