Technical fiat panda 2017 rear side door wont open from inside or out any help in opening the door please

Currently reading:
Technical fiat panda 2017 rear side door wont open from inside or out any help in opening the door please

Paumary

fiat panda 2017 rear side door wont open from inside or out any help in opening the door please

Most 'fixes'. Posted are with the door card off..

I suspect that's a lot harder with the door closed..

@g4jvf 🤔
I agree with you, the hard bit is doing it with no damage, any idiot can prise the door card off to access the mechanism.
Whilst a bit of careful removal of handles etc. as much as possible then gentle releasing of as many panel/door card clips may give more room.
Locksmiths often can do it in minutes using carefully shaped pry bars often made of a plastic to reduce damage can go down between the glass and door frame to trigger the lock release mechanism, sometimes by hooking on the cable and pulling it to the point the door opens.
If not mechanically minded , it may be worth seeing if you can drive the car to a locksmith to reduce costs (no call out charge) and get a price.;)

Hi Guys will a 2010 panda rear door locking mechanism fit a 2017 panda?
EPER is the FIAT parts system

Use the forums version to compare parts numbers 😉

How did you go about removing the door card

Did the seat base need to come out?

From the various people's efforts, it may not be "broken", just needs coaxing back into operation

Does the Central Locking still "pulse the lock"?

EPER is the FIAT parts system

Use the forums version to compare parts numbers 😉

How did you go about removing the door card

Did the seat base need to come out?

From the various people's efforts, it may not be "broken", just needs coaxing back into operation

Does the Central Locking still "pulse the lock"?
There is no pulse from the central locking, yes had to take seat base out to get door card of, i can't seem to find anything to do with door locks on the EPER parts system

There is no pulse from the central locking, yes had to take seat base out to get door card of, i can't seem to find anything to do with door locks on the EPER parts system
Take a look here.... the locks are listed under 'display units and windows', which is I think a translation error :)

The wider 'rear doors' section might give a few hints too:

fiat panda 2017 rear side door wont open from inside or out any help in opening the door please
I've got this exact same problem on my 2017 Panda. No pulse can be heard on the drivers side rear door when I unlock (manual key central lock - opens and locks all doors with one key in either front door) , all the other doors unlock no problem.

Booked my car in for service today and asked them to have a look. They're quoting me £1200 to "smash off" the old latch and it will have to be replaced with a new one! Surely there has to be a simpler (and cheaper!) solution?

Any advice or point me to other thread where this has been resolved?

Last edited:
I've got this exact same problem. No pulse can be heard on the drivers side rear door when I unlock (manual key central lock - opens and locks all doors with one key in either front door) , all the other doors unlock no problem.

Booked my car in for service today and asked them to have a look. They're quoting me £1200 to "smash off" the old latch and it will have to be replaced with a new one! Surely there has to be a simpler (and cheaper!) solution?

Any advice or point me to other thread where this has been resolved?

Hi, there are several threads where is has been achieved.. It's a sticky mechanism I believe.. 🤔

I will have a quick look 🙂

And..

Good links here:

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and links to other posts. I had already read most of those and none seem to show a way to get to the lock / latch mechanism if you can't open the door from both inside and outside. Hence I replied to this one to see if the original poster had found the required part and paid for it to be fixed? I don't mind paying for a mechanic to fix it, but £1200 I'm being quoted seems insanely expensive!

Hi All, just to update that I got this fixed for a lot less than the £1200 I was quoted by a dealership garage in the North East...

Issue: 2017 Panda - Rear drivers side door was locked shut from inside and outside - no garage would carry out the MOT as it's a 'refuse to test' if doors cannot be opened from outside. Dealer service centre quoted £1200 to "break the lock" and replace with new one.

Solution: I was recommended a small independent 'car repair shop' by one of the MOT garages I shopped around at. They took the inside door panel off (without needing to remove any seats) enabling them to get a tool into the lock mechanism (breaking it) and flick the latch to manually open the door. Then they could remove the broken lock mechanism and replace with the new one I purchased from this seller on Ebay... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184854589029

That ebay seller allows you to select your car model to make sure the part fits. That particular part (Manufacturer Part Number 52191506) fits all models from 2012 to 2017.

Cost: £138 for new lock assembly on ebay - £60 for the garage to remove the old one and replace with a new one (approx 2-3 hours work). Total - £198

Very happy with that as I now have a working door again and I can get an MOT, all for considerably less cost than the dealership service centre!

Sorry I don't have the precise details for how the job was done, but that's the gist of what the garage told me. Just wanted to let people know not to accept what a larger dealership service centre tries to claim it costs to fix this common issue!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I was recommended a small independent 'car repair shop' by one of the MOT garages I shopped around at. They took the inside door panel off (without needing to remove any seats) enabling them to get a tool into the lock mechanism (breaking it) and flick the latch to manually open the door. Then they could remove the broken lock mechanism and replace with the new one I purchased from this seller on Ebay.

Please let us know which "small independent car repair shop" came to your rescue, this is very useful information!

Back