Technical Fixed my door not opening problem

Currently reading:
Technical Fixed my door not opening problem

Panda 2012 rear right door would not open from outside...
A huge thanks to folk on here who posted about the little motor in the lock seizing up.(y)
Anyhoo, got it off and freed off the motor. Lock now works from the outside again..... happy days😀

Attachments

• IMG_2928.JPG
    IMG_2928.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2927.JPG
    IMG_2927.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2925.JPG
    IMG_2925.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 71
Well done. If these things go to the next stage the door will not mopen and has caused much pain. These rear door locks are a significant weakness. My cars are always garaged and spend only a few nights a year in the open. My last Panda was sold on at only 18 moths ols but I found out it had this issue 6 month later. Is the lock in need of protection form the weather getting to it from what you saw? Id rather take action to prevent than face a stuck door.
Did you find a specific cause?

Didn't see where any weather had got at it. Think it was simply that I rarely use that door as that side is parked against a wall on my drive. Use it or loose it seems .....:cautious:

Didn't see where any weather had got at it. Think it was simply that I rarely use that door as that side is parked against a wall on my drive. Use it or loose it seems .....:cautious:
So this wasn't a 'childlock'. Issue?

5 door punto have a habit of the window mechanism seizing... Not lubricated enough for a damp climate

Again recommended to operate that BowdenCable every few months. 😉

So this wasn't a 'childlock'. Issue?

5 door punto have a habit of the window mechanism seizing... Not lubricated enough for a damp climate

Again recommended to operate that BowdenCable every few months. 😉
No, not childlock.....it was the little motor than opens the door latch when the door handle is lifted from the outside.
It all opened fine from the inside....
The motor bearing was siezed so some penetrant and a fair amount of twisting caused it to release

So it's the motor that is part of the Central Locking?

Another prompt to ensure the Childlock mechanisms are not set.
(so you have the option of opening the door from inside)

Thanks for the Update., images.. And the Reminder. (y)
Good point about the childlock..... would have been stuffed if that was on..
Few more pictures from the day for the record..... that motor is small that's for sure

Attachments

• IMG_2921.JPG
    IMG_2921.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2922.JPG
    IMG_2922.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2924.JPG
    IMG_2924.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2929.JPG
    IMG_2929.JPG