Technical Do GPs without A/C have pollen filters?

Currently reading:
Technical Do GPs without A/C have pollen filters?

hmmmm

I was looking at this video

In one of the comments, he says to someone that GPs fitted with A/C don't have pollen filters?

My car is a 59 reg GP and I was wondering if there was one.

If not, is it normal for the fans to only blow cold air for a few seconds, then go warm? While driving in the heat lately, I put the cold air blower on an it's cool for like 5 seconds, then it goes warm and I have to turn it off, and after about 30 seconds back on. Also it smells sometimes (not just when going past farms, etc.)

Could this be the pollen filter? Or is it just because the air outside is warm? If not, what else could it be?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure all gp's have pollen filters, it would be unusual to not have one.

The "cold air" will always be warm if the weather's warm as the car's blowers will draw air from outside (near/in the engine bay) Your only option would be to open the windows to get a cool breeze.

I am certain they do, however I believe the part is different for an A/C version to a non A/C version..... I just serviced my GPS which has A/C and changed the pollen filter.... Your A/C probably needs recharging... £30-40 to get it done

Last edited:
Back