General Dilemma time

Currently reading:
General Dilemma time

I also have a dilemma that I think can only be solved by the wisdom of Solomon or a good garage.

We have a 2000 round nose Multipla that has done under 60,000 miles. It has been off the road for 5 years in our garage and kept covered. It had some sort of compression ratio or some such issue. We have just bought a brand spanking new SUV and were going to scrap the M. But when we took the cover of we just fell in love with it all over again.

So I want to know if anyone knows a good garage in west central Scotland who can carry out a good refurbishment (not a Fiat franchise who have done it no favours) to a Multipla. As well as engine work, I want a new brake system and being off the road for 5 years the other issues that will come with that.

Can anyone help?

It's well worth saving, especially with such low mileage. The early ones (1999/2000) are becoming rare now.

As for the question about a decent garage - I'm at the wrong end of the country so I'm afraid I can't help with that one!

Thanks all for your thinking much appreciated.

For SillyBilly it's a JTD

Hello all, hope you're all doing ok in the crazy times we live. Dunno why they didn't follow Sweden's idea, ah well, such is life.
Anyway, didn't come to rant about the cronky virus...

Since I bought that Oby One Kanoby whatsit, the little turd has bin as good as gold.
It might be the Passat that it now shares the drive with, giving it the eebie geebies, probably thinking 'if I behave meself he'll ditch that Prat Passat like he did with the Cliterous' (C4GP Exclusive)
I don't know how long I can keep the Bug going, the underside is looking past it's best and will need some serious TLC soon. I might look for another one - hoping I might find one which isn't so far gone underneath.
They're a bloody hard act to follow.
Anyway, look after yourselves an don't do anything I wouldn't - that's called being er, flexible haha.
George

Last edited:
So three and a half years on from my last post about our Multipla I can report another successful MOT secured. However some advice if you can. I need to source a windscreen washer reservoir as ours has cracked and we can only fill so far up. Also the rear wash wipe has packed in and I would like to know if there is an easy fix or the source of a replacement motor? We do not want to part with her and so we are prepared to spend reasonably to keep her and her parts going. We really are a slave to her needs!

So three and a half years on from my last post about our Multipla I can report another successful MOT secured. However some advice if you can. I need to source a windscreen washer reservoir as ours has cracked and we can only fill so far up. Also the rear wash wipe has packed in and I would like to know if there is an easy fix or the source of a replacement motor? We do not want to part with her and so we are prepared to spend reasonably to keep her and her parts going. We really are a slave to her needs!
Try this guy, is currently breaking 2 multi's.
I have used him a few times, and is always helpful, and reasonably priced for spares.
(Link to his ebay shop)
Also try e-bay, as there are several fiat breakers on there.
Failsworth Fiat Spares are a good one, had bits for my multi, & daughters Punto from them as well.
RE Rear washer, check all the wiring connectors. Had similar problem back along and it was a corroded connection in the boot door wiring...

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back