Technical Missing Mary....... first time on here. My 2208 Multipla Multijet 1.9 has a missfire problem. It normally starts fine and later on during the drive it

Currently reading:
Technical Missing Mary....... first time on here. My 2208 Multipla Multijet 1.9 has a missfire problem. It normally starts fine and later on during the drive it

HJK1

Missing Mary.....first time posting here,not sure what to do.Anyway i have a 2008 MULTIPLA Multijet 1.9. which i absolutely Love. Lately i have been struggling with a engine that misses intemittendly.Mostly after driving a while. so i could say it comes and goes,mostly when engine is hot. Ihave changed the MAP and MAFF sensors. Can anybody HELP.Please.

Hello and welcome to the forum - although I see you joined in 2015!

Does it start ok from cold?
yes starts easy. idles nice.rides nice and then suddenly you can hear and feel the miss. seems to happen more when the engine is at temperature.

yes starts easy. idles nice.rides nice and then suddenly you can hear and feel the miss. seems to happen more when the engine is at temperature. like i said,new map and maff sensor and also blanked off egr.

In that case, I'd try changing the crankshaft sensor next. The typical symptom of a failing one is poor starting of a hot engine, but ok when cold.

It's a cheap part and relatively easy to change. A lot easier with a garage ramp, though.

Beware: There are two types - one with a lead and one without, so you'll need to check which type you car has before ordering a replacement. Get a good quality named-brand one (e.g. Facet, Valeo - Autodoc have them for around £15 (18 Euros)), or you'll be doing the job all over again within a year ;)

In that case, I'd try changing the crankshaft sensor next. The typical symptom of a failing one is poor starting of a hot engine, but ok when cold.

It's a cheap part and relatively easy to change. A lot easier with a garage ramp, though.

Beware: There are two types - one with a lead and one without, so you'll need to check which type you car has before ordering a replacement. Get a good quality named-brand one (e.g. Facet, Valeo - Autodoc have them for around £15 (18 Euros)), or you'll be doing the job all over again within a year ;)
Thank you very much. Ido not have the oppertunity to use cp. But i will give feedback when possible. Do appreciatte.

I have something similar but I am tending more towards a bad injector or injector wireing

+1

Back