Technical Deep clean hasn't worked?

Currently reading:
Technical Deep clean hasn't worked?

JuliusJack

Just had a dpf deep clean at Halfords on my 2007 Doblo1.9 multijet. Bloke says my engine system won't allow a forced regen, but no error codes showing. I get an occasional orange Engine warning light and occasional orange triangle, but a good hot run or some redex usually puts the warning light out. What should I do? I am not technical at all. Thanks...

Just had a dpf deep clean at Halfords on my 2007 Doblo1.9 multijet. Bloke says my engine system won't allow a forced regen, but no error codes showing. I get an occasional orange Engine warning light and occasional orange triangle, but a good hot run or some redex usually puts the warning light out. What should I do? I am not technical at all. Thanks...
If the car has no particle filter regeneration, I question if it has a particle filter at all. I have looked on MES and the 1.9 does not mentiona particle filter.

If the egr valve is playing up then careful use of egr cleaner can resolve sticking ay least temporarily. I used to use redex diesel additive in my Bravo as the egr did stick around 40000 miles. It started sticking again many milesnlater and I had it replaced. The main dealer charged less to change the part than I could buy one on eBAy. I used diesel additive there after and sold the car at about 106000 without further incident.

I have been advised with a VW to use additive to avoid problems with a Golf and from experience think its does work. I used to add a dose about monthly.

Particle fliter regen should occur automatically but requires the car to be driven at 4000rpm + for a considerable distance. This would be breaking the speed limit by a heafty marging so I used to do 10 miles in 3rd gear at 4500 and this also seemed to help.

If the car has no particle filter regeneration, I question if it has a particle filter at all. I have looked on MES and the 1.9 does not mentiona particle filter.

If the egr valve is playing up then careful use of egr cleaner can resolve sticking ay least temporarily. I used to use redex diesel additive in my Bravo as the egr did stick around 40000 miles. It started sticking again many milesnlater and I had it replaced. The main dealer charged less to change the part than I could buy one on eBAy. I used diesel additive there after and sold the car at about 106000 without further incident.

I have been advised with a VW to use additive to avoid problems with a Golf and from experience think its does work. I used to add a dose about monthly.

Particle fliter regen should occur automatically but requires the car to be driven at 4000rpm + for a considerable distance. This would be breaking the speed limit by a heafty marging so I used to do 10 miles in 3rd gear at 4500 and this also seemed to help.
I thought all diesels by law had to have a dpf??

Hi :)

To me ...a DeepClean' is physically flushing all the Soot : pollutants out

I suspect Halfords used an aerosol spray..

Tesll us more about your vehicle..and what made you pay for this 'Deep Clean'
I had a yellow engine management light on my just-bought 2007 Doblo 1.9 120bhp, 130,000 miles. The car drove fine. I took it to a friendly garage (!) who ran diagnostics and he said all that showed up was slightly low oil pressure (don't worry about it) and a clogged DPF. He suggested a good burn at high revs. The light went out the next day. Joy! Few days later it came back on again. So I thought a clean might be a good idea. Halfords offered one for £85. So I took it in and the (nice) guy said there was no guarantee it would work, but I thought it wouldn't do any harm so went ahead. When I collected the van, the nice guy said they'd got some soot/**** out but the ecu wouldn't let them do a forced regen. He said there must be a fault with the software or ECU... This is where I am now. The car drives fine, no warning lights... but for how long?? I am a technophobe...

I thought all diesels by law had to have a dpf??

Optional back then ;)

So, what kind of driving are you doing?

If it doesnt do decent runs you may well struggle.

Worth searching out access to Fiat specific kit.. look on the forums MES register..or state your location

My suspicion is that it was a problem for the last owner too.

Only people I know whove avoided DPF problem drive LONG MILES

most trips being 90 minutes or more

PROPER sonic cleaning is an option..
But it all costs

I am to be found near the M4 :)

I would confirm with a good code read MES or Snap On so some one here could read the data to confirm, then if necessary fit a good quality pattern DPF from a local supplier. I did that on a C3 Picasso and fitted myself for just over £100. I haven't checked the price for your Doblo, the 55 plate 1.9 105hp on I had a while back didn't have one and was at 220k miles when I sold it.

Sometimes they just cannot be found cheap and used.. so the cleaning bath is an option
I see what you mean, a quick search seems to price around £300 + fitting etc. Sounds like I was lucky with the C3 brand new £126.63 and certified.
The original I did remove and clean myself which lasted two years before I was forced to replace.;)

Personally..
I would get it plugged in again somewhere

The OBD : OnBoard Diagnostic port should show 3 or more things related to the DPF system..if one of these is wildy out of tolerance you will struggle

BUT.. being armed with that info will help massively (y)

Did you get any form of printout from Halfords?

Last edited:
Personally..
I would get it plugged in again somewhere

The OBD : OnBoard Diagnostic port should show 3 or more things related to the DPF system..if one of these is wildy out of tolerance you will struggle

BUT.. being armed with that info will help massively (y)

Did you get any form of printout from Halfords?
The way this is heading, would it not make sense to buy a replacement?? They seem to cost around £200, which doesn't seem excessive??

Back