Technical Dead Multipla or not !

Currently reading:
Technical Dead Multipla or not !

Battery is not to blame guys, I know the communication is not good , but I have tested contunuity from -be lead to engine and it’s all good , 0.000 ohms. The filter plug is off and that relay and fuse still blows when ign is turned on (no lights or power on dash remember) , so it’s not Using that filter cartridge circuit. I need a wiring diagram for hat particular model , that’s in progress!

Looking into that , first thing I thought of, no evidence so far . I had the car up on ramps and looked up behind the block etc. , but not checked under dash.
A resistance check of the - ve battery lead is not good enough. You need to do a load test/Voltage drop test.

Are you fitting battery the correct way round?

Check the battery +ve is actually +ve

Also you need to check the +15 and +30 relays that provide power to different things when they power on .

No I don't know where they are located but probably in fuse box next to battery.

So you may as well check all the relays in that fuse box , check them one at a time , take one out , use a 9volt pp9 battery to check they click when you power their coil with the 9volt battery. If it clicks it's probably ok put it back, try the next relay.

Yes I can fit batteries , I’m a mechanic so I know your just checking me out , albeit an agricultural one!
I’ll do a drop test tonight, I have one just to eliminate queries etc ., but I’m sure it fine , I can let you know.
Aye a pp3 you mean .

Yes I can fit batteries , I’m a mechanic so I know your just checking me out , albeit an agricultural one!
I’ll do a drop test tonight, I have one just to eliminate queries etc ., but I’m sure it fine , I can let you know.
Aye a pp3 you mean .
Yes ,sorry it is a pp3 9v for relay test.

I'm not testing you.

It's just worth checking the simple things , we can't see what you see.
Generally everyone on forum likes to help and does not mind where you are from or what your occupation is (-:

Jack

Last edited:
Aye you mean doesn’t mind where I’m from
I realise that , but it is difficult to explain what is going wrong, so sorry for the confusion.
Where are you from?
It's just nice to know.

Last edited:
Elgin Morayshire
Says that in the left column ?, I have always looked after Fiats and Alfas , Land Rovers mainly and anything else that comes my way!

Drop test done on Battery ....Battery fine .
Battery and Tray removed , earth checked to chassis and gearbox , no resistance . Good continuity.

Last edited:
Morayshire has a lovely sound to it(-:
I may visit via Google street view.

How about hooking up the battery and running a jumper wire to the starter solenoid see if starter circuit and battery can crank the engine without having to turn the key on?
That way you load test the battery leads too.

Last edited:
Yep Moss of Barmuckity is the road but the road was viewed 30 yrs ago!

Yes I can do that but I know the battery is up to it , I loaded it across the posts and it stayed steady for 10 secs at 9.3 volts .
Meant to say I have a proper load tester that does that job .

Last edited:
Yep Moss of Barmuckity is the road but the road was viewed 30 yrs ago!

Yes I can do that but I know the battery is up to it , I loaded it across the posts and it stayed steady for 10 secs at 9.3 volts .
Meant to say I have a proper load tester that does that job .
totally believe you about battery.
Trying to get you to load test the complete circuit not just the battery.
Resistance testing the leads is not good enough because they can read zero ohms on a tester with very little current flowing through the lead but when high current trying to flow through then offer high resistance.

I don't think it's the problem but it does need to be ruled out , especially as you can get vehicle up on ramp access to starter is good.

Does this vehicle have climate control by that I mean does it have a knob to set temperature inside rather than just hot or cold? There is a reason for this question relating to the fuse blowing.

Yes , aircon but I don’t think climate control like split temps either side , don’t remember as not with the vehicle.
Yes. I have had that problem before on resistance, shall check it out Many Thanks.

Yes , aircon but I don’t think climate control like split temps either side , don’t remember as not with the vehicle.
Yes. I have had that problem before on resistance, shall check it out Many Thanks.
Happy to come up with suggestions for you at the sharp end.

I'm not think split zone climate control, if it has a temperature setting knob market in degrees centigrade it has climate control.

I don't know for sure on the post 04 multipla but the climate control module may be on the same fuse as the +15 supply wire relay .

Ok will have a look at that when I get home. So looking at aircon relay which is where?

It’s probably in the book , I’ll see.
Not really , I'm thinking that if the fuse that keeps blowing is stopping the dash coming on then you need to find the short.

The short may be in the climate control module (computer for climate cintrol)
Or anything else fed by that fuse.
I'm only thinking ccm due to fans running which can be controlled by ccm.

Locate and unplug ccm see if short is still present or gone.

a circuit diagram with wire colours on
And help identifying what else that fuse feeds would be of great help.

Ok I m not sure if this is climate control , but checks back to the relay however it’s disconnected so will see if the fuse blows

Attachments

• B45E21A5-0AF8-4B5E-8A95-D353C75EBA53.jpeg
    B45E21A5-0AF8-4B5E-8A95-D353C75EBA53.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 14
Back