Technical Dead Multipla or not !

Currently reading:
Technical Dead Multipla or not !

Jtd laid down for three months , but battery drained and had to be charged. Previous to that it was off the road during Christmas 2019 and jan/feb, car started without problem.
So battery has drained due to some sort of short to earth or something switched on.
No ign/dash lights available and one fuse blowing repeatedly and that is fuel filter heater . Has anyone had this.
Also if you leave that fuse blown the rad fan comes on along with the internal heater fan , nothing else. Still no dash - lights or ign. The only other thing worth mentioning is if the small red cable who’s leads to large ign fuse is left connected to the positive terminal f, the fuel fuse mentioned Only blows when the ign is then switched on.

Last edited:
Hi :)

Im not reading well today.. :eek:

Battery will usually drain..as lots of stuff running in background

Ok

Have you:

Put on a good battery

Run an Earth jumper cable battery neg to engine

Got the fuel pump running (whirr under back seat)

It sounds like the battery has failed to me
( having similar with a petrol renault of a neighbours)

Also a lost earth.. but your cabl descriptions have not been clear to me..

Let us know what has been tested..achieved

Charlie

Last edited:
Yes battery is new and recharged due to drain, full of life!
Earth good to engine whilst connected to post and without , but as I say it doesn't like being connected its detecting some short. As I say nothing out of ignition at all , so no fuel pump , starter gives the odd kick but doesn't engage , and still no power to dash. The two components that want to run is internal heater fan and the fast speed of the radiator fan.

The only fuse blown is according to the fuse guide number 33 in the compartment beside the battery is written as a fuel filter heater.
Any clues where this is placed , perhaps on the filter , but the one I see has small wires not big enough to carry that sort of current so that may be monitoring something else.
The fuse mentioned was a 10 amp in place and its supposed to be 25amp. This blows as well .

Yes battery is new and recharged due to drain, full of life!
Earth good to engine whilst connected to post and without , but as I say it doesn't like being connected its detecting some short. As I say nothing out of ignition at all , so no fuel pump , starter gives the odd kick but doesn't engage , and still no power to dash. The two components that want to run is internal heater fan and the fast speed of the radiator fan.

The only fuse blown is according to the fuse guide number 33 in the compartment beside the battery is written as a fuel filter heater.
Any clues where this is placed , perhaps on the filter , but the one I see has small wires not big enough to carry that sort of current so that may be monitoring something else.
The fuse mentioned was a 10 amp in place and its supposed to be 25amp. This blows as well .
Sounds to me that there could be a major fault in the earth wire between the engine and body .
Try jump lead from battery negative to clean metal of engine and a second lead from engine to a clean metal part of body.

Don't trust the fuse descriptions in hand book they are all over the place and can't be trusted.

Post a picture of your battery in place with something pointing to the blown fuse location

Ok not good at this , other sites are much easier , I can’t get the hang of this at all . I can get the photo from the phone but haven’t been able to continue from there

Attachments

• C89FC7E8-5D4D-4487-88FD-9AECDB4C34E3.jpeg
    C89FC7E8-5D4D-4487-88FD-9AECDB4C34E3.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
Ok not good at this , other sites are much easier , I can’t get the hang of this at all . I can get the photo from the phone but haven’t been able to continue from there
That's great it worked.

Can you post a pic of your battery too please especially the negative post
Thanks

The fuel heater is part of the diesel fuel filter head the filter is screwed directly below the fuel heater

Are you trying with a new battery or the battery that was dead after recharging it?

God I didnt know how that photo got there!
Anyway I ll extract the filter body , there is a yellow plug on top as I have said but the wires look ok , but its maybe not the one I should be looking for .
Maybe not tonight , I will see.

Filter bowl removed and plugs of top and bottom.
Key turned to ign , no life of lights on dash and again the fuse blows(filter heater relay)

Last edited:
The plug in the centre of picture is plugged into fuel heater.
You don't have to extract the heater just unplug it.
Though why the fuel heater would be energised during the current temps is beyond me.
1592853083058.jpeg

Its a new battery which was flattened due to something which I am tackling now , its still good , very good .
When was battery new?

If it has been run flat and left connected to something drawing even a small amount of power, the battery may now be dead. A volt reading of the battery may show healthy 12.7 volts but the battery still may be faulty and unable to deliver current.

Charlie's suggestion of trying a known good battery that can start another car is a good suggestion.

I don't understand all of your posts.

How do you know the lead from battery- ve to engine is good, a resistance or visual check is not good enough.

Is there a language difference we need to overcome?

Where are you from?

Last edited:
Don't trust the guide that tells you the fuse that blows is fuel heater fuse. The guide is often wrong.

Back