D.I.Y Project Consuming My Life!

Currently reading:
D.I.Y Project Consuming My Life!

I have been doing a D.I.Y project for a couple of weeks now, this has left me with little time to visit the forums or moderate my Stilo section, hopefully Purplemonkey and StuDemon will keep an eye on things until I get my time back!

I ripped out the stairs and bannister and replaced them and I've rebuilt the Gas & Electric Meter Cupboard, it has been a complete nightmare to date and I've spent hundreds of pounds on new tools and visits to B & Q. The only thing is it hasn't really started yet, once the redecorating starts I might as well just give my wallet to the store to hang on to, because when Mrs Twincamms starts shopping...............................there's no stopping her!

Here's a photo of my labours to date, it's getting there.....................slowly!

Nice one, at least you're doing something productive though, as for the money you're spending, you know it makes sense, its not money wasted when you spend it on your house, as it all adds to its value ;)

if you need to knock it down again, give me a call :D

my parents are re-decorating/extending the house and my mum went in a fit today cause she couldnt have the shower she wanted.....women eh??:mad:

Gaz.......................................

you can knock it down if you like, then I'll knock you down, deal ???

As for your mum, tell her she can pop over and have a shower she wants at mine, not a problem!

Gaz.......................................

ok, deal, send your Mamma over!

Dave, yeah, it's MDF, two reasons, they were the last things I fitted and I was getting a bit peed off, and two, my budget was getting very thin by this point, I didn't anticipate spending £500 on tools! All my old tools seem to be missing, you know how it is, you lend them out, they never come back, well from now on, no more Mr Nice Guy, I don't lend out tools!

Nice work TC - I'm currently decorating spare room into nursery - we have a trip to B&Q Warehouse planned for Wednesday night ....eeek. Good job I've done loads of overtime!!

my parents are re-decorating/extending the house and my mum went in a fit today cause she couldnt have the shower she wanted.....women eh??:mad:[/QUOTE]

It's not women it's "MOTHERS" I have been going round all the hardware and DIY shops for weeks now. We're having a new bathroom suite, I'm fed up of towel radiators and bathroom suites! ARGRHRHRHRHRHRHH!

As they say " If it's not one thing it's your mother" LOL :rolleyes:

I'm having similar problems with DIY, apart from the fact that I have no time to do it, I worked out that it was gonna take me another 99 years to finish the house. I was gonna have a party at the end, but I'm not I'll be up for partying when I'm 134.

Tools are also proving a nightmare, I now have so many tools in the room I'm currently working on that I can't finish the room, because I'll have nowhere to put the tools. Looks like I'll have to add building a shed or lockup to the 99 year list.

Im not even going into DIY....yu must remember the 1242cc saga ;)

Still got a bit longer to run too ;)

dave said:
you lot not got a wicks near you? they are half the prices of b&q
hey dave you can fit sharons new doors then if they are cheap :D i am tryin sharon :D

Back