Technical Crankshaft sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Crankshaft sensor

2004 scudo 2.0 JTD FWD —220 1997cc 69KW 94HP RHX
One online search seems to indicate it is on the bellhousing inline with the flywheel just to the left of the gear linkage swivels on the front towards the top of gearbox, but buried under air filter etc. if looking from the front of the van.
It seems yours is the 8 valve version, I have a 16 valve RHK engine in my 2010 version. If no joy I can maybe look to see if in similar position on mine.
This is the utube bit I found if you can make any sense of it:).

One online search seems to indicate it is on the bellhousing inline with the flywheel just to the left of the gear linkage swivels on the front towards the top of gearbox, but buried under air filter etc. if looking from the front of the van.
It seems yours is the 8 valve version, I have a 16 valve RHK engine in my 2010 version. If no joy I can maybe look to see if in similar position on mine.
This is the utube bit I found if you can make any sense of it:).

I managed to find it but it feels like it’s going to be a bit awkward as I can only feel the nut and doesnt feel like there’s enough clearance to pull it out I’ll try and get a photo 👍

is this it ?

Attachments

• IMG_3757.jpeg
    IMG_3757.jpeg
    619.4 KB · Views: 43
is this it ?
It looks to be in the right place to pick up a signal from the flywheel.
Does it look like the replacement Crankshaft Position Sensor.
I had a look at mine which is the later 16 valve 2 litre 2010 Scudo and there is nothing there so I assume different gearbox as well, mine has an external clutch slave cylinder, I assume yours is like the video with a cable operated clutch?
Did you have a diagnostic test which said Crank Sensor in an error code?

Yes mate it looks the same what happened was one of my hose came off and flooded the engine wouldn’t start then got it started all seemed fine then turned it of and now won’t start so I’m chaoall the sensors on the engine process of elimination

Yes mate it looks the same what happened was one of my hose came off and flooded the engine wouldn’t start then got it started all seemed fine then turned it of and now won’t start so I’m chaoall the sensors on the engine process of elimination
I believe another Forum member has mentioned checking to see if the rev counter moves when cranking and if so then that sensor may be OK.

Update !!!

I changed all the sensors and wouldn’t fire my mechanic started adjusting the throttle cable under the throttle position sensor and it fired up adjusted the cable until it was starting on the key so thought that was problem solved but no tried to start it in the morning and won’t start but it’s firing I’ve already changed the throttle sensor so im baffled can anyone help with this

Update !!!

I changed all the sensors and wouldn’t fire my mechanic started adjusting the throttle cable under the throttle position sensor and it fired up adjusted the cable until it was starting on the key so thought that was problem solved but no tried to start it in the morning and won’t start but it’s firing I’ve already changed the throttle sensor so im baffled can anyone help with this

IDEA: 🤔

Some of the FIRE motors had an earth connection around the throttle body..
If yours is failing.. Maybe the throttle cable was creating a path? 🙂

I can’t find an earth wire do you know where it’s located
this the tps just bolt to metal frame

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpeg
    IMG_0572.jpeg
    705.9 KB · Views: 36
Back