Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Currently reading:
Coronavirus - The Thread :(

I really did try to follow President Trump's advice regarding the use of disinfectant to fight covid 19, but try as I might, I couldn't get a bottle of Domestos to fit up my 'arris !

...... any tips from other FIAT fellas ?
Flash kitchen cleaner works as a handy freshening/cleansing throat spray. It’s just a shame the containers are so big, not exactly handy pocket size.

(obviously DON’T do this. Trump is clearly deranged...)

where from was it a good deal? ive only seen 50ml for £1 in tesco, that only does 2 cleans if doing it properly back, front, between fingers and wrists

It was directly from autoglym by their website.

The price is not tesco level as you would expect as it's autoglym at the end of the day. It was just under £4 for 100mls, however they are doing a deal at the moment that if you buy anything off their website they will also send you a bottle for free, therefore if you buy one 100ml bottle at £4 then you get another 100ml bottle for free.

200ml for £4 = tesco price of £1 per 50 ml. :slayer:

It was directly from autoglym by their website.

The price is not tesco level as you would expect as it's autoglym at the end of the day. It was just under £4 for 100mls, however they are doing a deal at the moment that if you buy anything off their website they will also send you a bottle for free, therefore if you buy one 100ml bottle at £4 then you get another 100ml bottle for free.

200ml for £4 = tesco price of £1 per 50 ml. :slayer:

thanks. still massive markup to what it used to be in tesco, think i will have to install washing facilities in my van instead.

Edit, they are asking £4.99 for delivery :eek:

Last edited:
I cleaned my van with diluted Dettol which hopefully has killed all aliens, trouble is the disinfectant smell is horrendous

New Zealand has been pretty on to it with lockdown and social distancing. Deaths are sitting at 19 with around 1500 infections. Today's new infection number is 2.

Easing lockdown from yesterday. The Bambina has been out a few times and raised some smiles and waves.

surely all they need is Macerator Pumps that grind up all the poop n paper to fit thorough thin pipes.

It's not because of the pipes, it's because of what happens after what's passed through them.
The pipes are only small because this system only need small ones.

As 09 John states, the "brown waste" is basically digested in a aerated pit by bacteria after the fluid element has bleed or pumped away.

The non "brown waste" element that might travel with it blocks up the pits vents, which causes the fluid/waste in the system to back up and stops the air that the bacteria needs to work.

When it's all working properly it's pretty much whiff free (unless you're in the pit as waste enters)

Without the air you get a different bacteria that causes a terrible stink, which is were the dead animal comes in.
Once the vents are clear the dead animal is thrown in to restart the correct bacteria.

Some places with higher "traffic" use a dual system.
The fluid and brown stuff is separated, the fluid is then tanked and removed by tanker and the solid is digested in a similar pit, again the none "brown waste" clogs up the vents/pumps.

One good thing about both systems is that no one ever routes through your bin for bank statements and the likes and as the local feral cats love nothing more than scavenging in bins, don't be tempted to stroke them!

Last edited:
I cleaned my van with diluted Dettol which hopefully has killed all aliens, trouble is the disinfectant smell is horrendous

Zoflora is a lot more nicererr

Just dont 'gargle' with it..

With advice still being 3 to 5 day lifespan of virus... only getting to sit in a vehicle every 10 days shouldnt need too many precautions.

The news kept saying 'disease' yesterday

Infection.. sure.. but Im not sure disease ..is correct.. as it has effects on so many organs

Somebody care to enlighten me?

Probably, and I'm sorry to be stating the obvious, due to the difficulty and expense of upgrading the old main system pipes.

I thought that, but it's even in new builds. The Taipei government have said before the pipes are able to take tissue, but it seems like it's a "stuck in old ways" kinda thing - I suppose their thinking is "maybe it can flush, but then it might clog, better just to stick with the trash can!"

Eww.

I hope you are keeping well? How is this dreadful Virus affecting things in your part of the world?

To be honest, if you didn't know there was a virus, you wouldn't know there was a virus. Everything is open as normal, with the exception that you have to wear a mask on public transport, in a supermarket, office (like a travel agency) or government building.

For everywhere else, no need.

I got caught out the other day as I went to get some eggs and hadn't taken my mask, so had to go back home to get it which was a bit annoying. However some people don't even do that (apparently it's just an advisory) - but most do.

I think we've been at 0 new cases for the last 3 days now, that only got interrupted due to the sailors on the navy ship, but they are all in quarantine now. (https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3919262)

The main issue for me though, is that flights into the country are blocked unless you are a citizen or hold an ARC card, of which I do not. So at the moment, if I leave the country I have no way back in.

Fingers crossed this will be relaxed by July (when my visa is up) - there are rumours that if New Zealand stays safe, there might be flights between here and there without the restrictions...

We'll see!

Oh, and we get updates like this (from the official ministry of health and welfare twitter)

EWlyzimU8AIwWm1

He says he's very happy, but don't be complacent! :ROFLMAO:

New Zealand has been pretty on to it with lockdown and social distancing. Deaths are sitting at 19 with around 1500 infections. Today's new infection number is 2.

Easing lockdown from yesterday. The Bambina has been out a few times and raised some smiles and waves.

You are so lucky to live in a country where people voted for a government that actually cares about its people.

Behind island just a little larger in then the UK and with less then 5million people probably is a big part of it.

AndyRKett
when the local news paper says "East Suffolk and North Essex Hospitals" do they mean ipswich and colchester?
and when they say "A further six people have died after contracting coronavirus at the trust which runs Colchester Hospital, latest figures have shown." do they mean at colchester hospital or ipswich and colchester?

They do indeed mean Ipswich and Colchester and when they say the trust which runs, they mean both, so if 5 people died it could mean 2 at Ipswich and 3 at Colchester or vice versa. It’s a bit weird as they are very different hospitals in different counties but they are counting them as one hospital.

Back