Technical CN+ won't read update disc

Currently reading:
Technical CN+ won't read update disc

dox097

Hello guys,

The story goes like this.. I left my Fiat Stilo Abarth 2001 for a couple of months without running and the battery drained completely. Obviously my CN+ has locked itself and I lost my code somewhere :bang:.

Moreover I tried to update my CN+ system from v8.3 to v9.8 because someone said that on that version you don't need a code. But.. the main problem is that my CN+ simply won't start the update procedure. When I insert update CD (I followed the protocol..) nothing happens. I can just hear that it rotates the CD couple of times and that's it, it just simply boots like there's no update CD. To add, I tried two burners on two speeds (x10 and x16) and also I'm using CD-R discs (700Mb). I tried every possible version but none of them worked.

Does anyone have a clue what am I doing wrong or where's the problem? Thanks in advance.

Really nobody? :cry:

P.S. When I say CN+, I mean navigation (radio) unit.

I left my Fiat Stilo Abarth 2001 for a couple of months without running and the battery drained completely. Obviously my CN+ has locked itself and I lost my code somewhere

The CN+ master code is stored in the car's body computer, so if your CN+ is working, it would not ask for a code after you charged the battery.

I suspect the update procedure is not working because the CN+ is faulty.

Back