Technical Clutch noise...sounds like a bird!!

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch noise...sounds like a bird!!

My friends GP has had what I thought was a noisy belt on a cold start.
I took a look today only to realise it was coming from the clutch ...
When cold it sounds like a bird chirping BUT put the clutch down and it disappears. Only does this on cold/initial start up...
I have searched and looked through the guides ..:confused:

It's not easy to find the source of the noise so I'd still suggest that it's coming from the belt area. If the sound goes away by spraying silicone spray on the alternator belt, then the source is probably a worn belt which needs changing. If sound doesn't go away it may be any of pulleys and bearings making the noise.

If there's no problems with clutch operation, I'd not worry about the clutch noise. Almost all the cars of the 2000's have dmfs and they're very expensive to replace. So let it fail, because the car is not worth the money anyway. It'll probably work many years until the car is scrapped.

It's not easy to find the source of the noise so I'd still suggest that it's coming from the belt area. If the sound goes away by spraying silicone spray on the alternator belt, then the source is probably a worn belt which needs changing. If sound doesn't go away it may be any of pulleys and bearings making the noise.

If there's no problems with clutch operation, I'd not worry about the clutch noise. Almost all the cars of the 2000's have dmfs and they're very expensive to replace. So let it fail, because the car is not worth the money anyway. It'll probably work many years until the car is scrapped.

Hence the suggestion to remove the belt for 2 minutes ;)

No belt and no noise means its NOTHING to do with

Belt alternator or its drivetrain :)

About to do the same on my MJ :)

Back