Technical Rattle noise

Currently reading:
Technical Rattle noise

Fiatfin418

Hello all,

I have posted about this before, but this time I’m going to go into a bit more detail.
My 2009 1.4L 8v grande punto, (milage of 114,639) has a rattle when revs are on. This rattle can be heard when the car is revved at stationary or when accelerating on a drive. The rattle will be heard when in and out of gear and dipping the clutch doesn’t affect it. It happens primarily around 2-3000 revs when driving or just holding the accelerator when stationary. Blipping the throttle will cause it to have a little rattle but then once the engine is warm, you will not hear the rattle when you give a small blip of the accelerator. To describe the noise: it sounds like if a heat shield was to vibrate or a exhaust to vibrate. It has an affect where coming off the accelerator will slow the rattle down and then it will go until you reach the spot of around 2-3000 revs. This rattle hasn’t affected the way the car performs, the engine runs perfectly and pulls nicely. The only reason this rattle bothers me is because it’s annoying to listen to. For knowledge: I’ve looked underneath the car and checked for loose heat shields or sorts that can rattle against things, everything looks good there. My exhaust is intact and is secure. My bearings are all secure to what I have inspected and I’ve fitted a new alternator and drive belt. This noise seems to be worse when going up a hill. Can someone be kind enough to maybe share any information or ideas on what it could be potentially?

Back