Technical Humming noise coming from left side

Currently reading:
Technical Humming noise coming from left side

Yusuf123

When driving above 25mph i start to hear a humming noise coming from the left and when i turn right it gets louder and when i turn left it starts to fade. garage says it could be a gearbox bearing issue but when the gearbox is disconnected the humming noise is still present. any ideas?

When driving above 25mph i start to hear a humming noise coming from the left and when i turn right it gets louder and when i turn left it starts to fade. garage says it could be a gearbox bearing issue but when the gearbox is disconnected the humming noise is still present. any ideas?
If sure it is not a wheel bearing, then possibly the centre bearing on the o/s drive shaft where it is bolted to the engine.
If in a garage I would have safely run the car jacked up in gear on a ramp and listed to locate where noise is from. Note SAFELY!;)

If sure it is not a wheel bearing, then possibly the centre bearing on the o/s drive shaft where it is bolted to the engine.
If in a garage I would have safely run the car jacked up in gear on a ramp and listed to locate where noise is from. Note
Thanks, i'll take it down to the garage

Back