Technical climate control - Ticking noise?

Currently reading:
Technical climate control - Ticking noise?

DBunX

Hi,

Yesterday after a short drive from work to pick up my daughter I restarted the car to find that on all of the available settings for Climate Control there appeared to be a ticking noise, or what sounds like the noise created when you put a piece of paper on the spinning fan blades of a desk fan.

I assumed at first it was a leaf sucked up into the unit as I was parking, but when I switched to the front blow the ticking sound moved to an area around the steering column, and then back to within the air outlet at the base of the windscreen when on the demist setting.

I was a little worried, so turned it all off and drove home. Left it a few mins then went back out to the car and started it all up again, and put all of the fans on full to blow as much air through as possible. To my surprise the sound had gone, and on this mornings drive to work there was no sign of it.

The car is only 3-4 weeks old so the concern was that the Climate Control was a bit broken, however it does now seem fine.

Has anyone else had this before?

Not on my 500 but have had similar when a car park ticket on top of the dash went down an air vent. Any chance something similar might have occurred?

I thought the same thing at first, as I have my residents parking ticket up there but then realised I'd already put it away so the dash was completely clear and that is the only thing that ever gets put up there.

It's funny, as when you select different options on the CC you can hear it whirring away behind the dash moving things around, so it might just be that something was caught up and the issue resolved itself.

A dried leaf caught in the fan will do it too, they move around and it can disappear only to come back later.

It's not come back since the day it occurred, however it did sounds mechanical so I expect it will be back at some point!

Back