General City Cross hybrid, two weeks in

Currently reading:
General City Cross hybrid, two weeks in

Tinbum

Can it really be two weeks today since I picked Pedro up? In many ways it feels longer.

His first week was spent pottering around the local country lanes and vineyards, power is low but the six speed box keeps me smiling.:)

This week we have travelled south and spent some time driving around the Pyrenees to and from Spain. On the uphill side I managed to leave the Dacia Stepway that was also enjoying himself, and on the downhill it became apparent I'd taken more brave pills.:D There was lots of tyre squeal, plenty of drifting and huge smiles, but not from my wife oddly?:confused:

The "hybrid" system itself is now making more sense, knocking it into neutral while moving is odd, but the hybrid system keeps the radio and aircon working when the engine switched off. I have got used to it now and it is no longer an issue. Oh, and the temps have been up around 36° and the climate control manages fine with no more fan noise than our Range Rover. I can now also feel the slight drop in power as the battery discharges under acceleration. Very slight (as is the acceleration) but there.

I now have 1700km on the clock and the average mpg is hovering around 40, but with the expedition roof rack removed and some sensible driving I would expect that to rise significantly.

Am I happy I bought the car? Damn right I am! We have fast cars and large cars, but this is the most smiles per mile of them all:slayer:

Attachments

• 9D86C187-EE0C-447B-B599-BA29DF926921.jpeg
    9D86C187-EE0C-447B-B599-BA29DF926921.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 104
  • 2E16F0DB-B424-4770-9963-B0C45D4DFFA2.jpeg
    2E16F0DB-B424-4770-9963-B0C45D4DFFA2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • 6802970A-720F-4BE7-9D4D-3FEF79B899B3.jpeg
    6802970A-720F-4BE7-9D4D-3FEF79B899B3.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hì Tinbum.

You've passed our 1400miles in 2 months since we got our red 1.0 hybrid sport.

We find it flashed a white battery light on the dashboard when ours is harvesting energy and only does it when we are entirely off the accelerator.
I've got used to 18mph selecting neutral but find if the heater fans are on 50% power(we have the thermostatic auto heating) it won't do the start/stop.
We are showing an average of 46.8mpg since we got it which is higher than our old 1.2 easy.
On a long run 70mph max it will do 66mpg or so but if you really work on it you can get 73mpg if you don't go over 60mph. So it takes nearly 1 hour and 15 minutes to burn through a gallon.

Best news is it is lostening up even at 1400 miles so its going better and becoming more economical.

Enjoying it more than I thought I would but it seems to be getting through more water from the washing than the fuel its using.

Tim

Can it really be two weeks today since I picked Pedro up? In many ways it feels longer.

His first week was spent pottering around the local country lanes and vineyards, power is low but the six speed box keeps me smiling.:)

This week we have travelled south and spent some time driving around the Pyrenees to and from Spain. On the uphill side I managed to leave the Dacia Stepway that was also enjoying himself, and on the downhill it became apparent I'd taken more brave pills.:D There was lots of tyre squeal, plenty of drifting and huge smiles, but not from my wife oddly?:confused:

The "hybrid" system itself is now making more sense, knocking it into neutral while moving is odd, but the hybrid system keeps the radio and aircon working when the engine switched off. I have got used to it now and it is no longer an issue. Oh, and the temps have been up around 36° and the climate control manages fine with no more fan noise than our Range Rover. I can now also feel the slight drop in power as the battery discharges under acceleration. Very slight (as is the acceleration) but there.

I now have 1700km on the clock and the average mpg is hovering around 40, but with the expedition roof rack removed and some sensible driving I would expect that to rise significantly.

Am I happy I bought the car? Damn right I am! We have fast cars and large cars, but this is the most smiles per mile of them all:slayer:

Caused by poor Eco tires, eco tires are low rolling resistance tires, with poor Grip and braking as a result, especially in the wet.

We have 195 45 16 continental extraload tyres. So the extra load bit gives it a stronger structure and I guess lower rolling resistance.

Its still good fun arround 5 revs wise and still looking forward to it loosening up even more. Our 1.2 dynamic from 2005 is lovely and run in at 95k miles with oil change every year it doesn't have that oil mist in the engine bay.

Tim

Back