Technical Check transmission, no hill assistance, unavailable DTS . . . check engine light etc.

Currently reading:
Technical Check transmission, no hill assistance, unavailable DTS . . . check engine light etc.

Cickos

My lovely 500L, 2015, ~200 000 km, suddenly showed all kind of scary warning messages and check engine light, after being shuts off and restarted in N shift position. The car went into limp mode, and I had big trouble to drive it back home. The gear shifted roughly, no power . . ., I was thinking it is the end of DDCT.
The OBD scanner pointed on misfire coil D, P0354, then many other U11C7, U0103 codes . . . Inspected cylinder 4 coil connector. I did break the plastic locking pin during the last sparks replacement, but it didn't loock like that this will cause any issue. Switched the other coil, cleared the codes and the same warning transmission related messages and lights come off. Get scared that the cylinder 4 has a compression problem etc. Lately, get idea that ignition coil connector doesn't conduct the voltages and I did insert the tin wires into the female connector pins and bingo.
The engine started without any warning messages and mil light. Drives smoothly as always before. Will need to replace the broken connector.
I cannot believe that one cylinder misfire can provoke that many transmission issues that the car wasn't drivable.

Posting this tread to some of you who have experienced transmission issues. It could be related to something else like misfiring.

Well I had this at 52000km and my engine stopped all together and had to replace valves and new timing belt!! Crazy crazy crazy this is the worst Fiat I’ve Ever owned now the started motor is packing up too.

Honestly the Fiat 500L 1,4 Fire has been my worst Fiat ever, given so much trouble at low mileage… heavy oil usage and water, plus roof liner collapse and water coming into cabin

Back