Technical On No it's - Another Transmission Fault Thread

Currently reading:
Technical On No it's - Another Transmission Fault Thread

MoJo65

Hello All - newbie here, Fiat 500L Popstar Multijet Duologic 2014

I've read through lots of Transmission Fault warnings light threads, so without boring you all, I'd really love your help as I can't find any others exactly the same as mine - I haven't experienced the gear shifting, slipping or freezing issues that many have .

I have the dreaded red Check Transmission light. BUT, unlike a lot of posts the car is driving absolutely fine, the only difference in performance I can discern is very slight juddering in reverse if on an incline. Otherwise it's going up and down through the gears smoothly. I have a mechanic friend who plugged it into the disgnostics and found error code P2930 - selenoid. He's rung around some transmission expert garages and they all warn that this gearbox system is noturiously difficult to work with and investigations and repairs could well cost thousands. Everyones telling me to get rid of it. I'm not in a position to buy a new car at the mo and how can I off load it with a clear conscience with a fault?

Can dirty and/or low fluid affect selenoid function? Would it be worth me getting the Transmission and Hydraulic fluid systems flushed and changed as a first, less expensive step than a full gearbox overhaul? Any advice gratefully received.

Back