General Changing oil

Currently reading:
General Changing oil

BraamJooste

Im a new member and have a few questions for your consideration
Its almost time for my 2015 Panda 1.2 oil service, always used Castrol Edge 5W30 in my other cars but thinking of changing brands, anyone used Eurol Evolence 5W30 before? Panda milage is 35K km and does about 5K km a year.
Lastly, oil filter, Bosh or MEYLE ?

Avoid Petronas. Castrol suits the 1.2. Halfords seem to honour their price match promise. Useful as you get Castrol and not a knock off! I print internet prices and they match them.
Well done, I was thinking OP was in Italy..

@BraamJooste
The 1.2 FIRE has been around for 40 YEARS, Is NOT fussy.. (biggest issue is keeping oil inside the sump as the years pass)

For my oil now, I use a good Search Engine

Look on OPIE Oils, based in the UK

They seem far more accurate in quoting correct specification than, Halfords, EUROCARPARTS, ETC

Once you have their suggested options you can look around for local stockists

Do let us know what you find 🙂

Filter,

Mahle I believe are supposed the factory supplier, but I tend to go for Bosch

Mainly as Bosch seem to be well stocked, so my more unusual cars all have their filters 🤔

Last edited:
What is the issue with Petronas oil? I bought their Syntium 3000 in 5w/40 FS because it was one of the few grades correct for my 1.2 Panda.

5W40 Is the correct grade according to Fiat. Castrol Edge is good but I would always look for approvals or "meets"like GM Dexos 2, BMW LL04, VW 505/511. These standards go above and beyond just the API or ACEA specs for quality.

Back