General carbon fibre bonet

Currently reading:
General carbon fibre bonet

stripey stilo

can any 1 help im looking for a carbon fibre bonnet for my stilo ive bin trying to find 1 for months.:bang:

i dnt c my self havin the time to do it and its a messy job.(n)

id have to make it double skin and get bonnet latch and figure out away of fixing hinges

just way to much hasle.

unless any 1 knows some1 who fancys doin it

yep ive being doing abit of looking round of the net and i havent seen 1 for the stilo it will have to be a custom one if you get one chick(y)

yeh i figured that go a company to price me 1 up and it came to over £1700 and im not payin that. but he did say if i got 1 made he would keep the shell and start making them for people to buy off the shelf

wats goin on with ur web site

you could get it cheaper than that shop arround!!!!

When u asked whats hapening with the website was that remark to me?

yes it was to u little becky

do you have any suggestions on any were that works with carbon fibre or does any 1 else

I am looking into it not just for the Stilo.

I have a boat builder who is located abroad and would be willing to this. What I need is to know how many people are seriously interested and how much you are willing to pay (not to make me rich rather than whether it is feasible to do).

do u reckon it would be more than an off the shelf 1 even if loads of people were interested

Last edited:
stripey stilo said:
yes it was to u little becky

do you have any suggestions on any were that works with carbon fibre or does any 1 else

well i got a new site now www.logicalchat.com have a look chick if you like.

Abonnet for u i shall look in 2 it hun

Last edited by a moderator:
stripey stilo said:
do u reckon it would be more than an off the shelf 1 even if loads of people were interested

Point of the exrecise is to make it affordable. There is unfortunately not an off the shelve one available.

Making a mould is not all this expensive. And that matrials are not too expensive either. The labour is the worst.

Obviously the cost will decrease with increasing sales potential.

ok av just rang a company up that said they will do it but they need 10 orders before they'le think about doin it

Last edited:
stripey stilo said:
ok av just rang a company up that said they will do it but they need 10 orders before they'le think about doin it

I made contact to the company too and wait for the outcome. They are doing one offs if needed but I think it wil be more anyway.

rite people ive got a company that will make a carbon fibre bonet for the stilo they need 10 people to show interest buy putting £100 deposit down on a bonet for there car. you can have any design with in reason (vents, bad boy, etc...) there asking a full amount of £400 from each person. thats including the £100 deposit.

so its £400 which i make only about £20-£30 more than off the shelf 1's for other cars + ul be the first to have a cf bonet on a stilo

any 1 interested pm. for any further info pm.

this is also open to outside uk

So a part from the obvious looks point of view, what other benefits could one get from a CF bonet. I know its a lot lighter than the regular steel one but would you be able to feel it while driving the car??? How much does a steel bonet wheigh?? How bout a CF one???
By the way, if i could afford it i'd be putting myself down for one of these!!!!

Stilo Multijet 140bhp said:
So a part from the obvious looks point of view, what other benefits could one get from a CF bonet. I know its a lot lighter than the regular steel one but would you be able to feel it while driving the car??? How much does a steel bonet wheigh?? How bout a CF one???
By the way, if i could afford it i'd be putting myself down for one of these!!!!

Q:What is advantages to use those parts?

A:The benefits of Carbon fibre are many. For our hoods some of them are:
Attractive custom appearance
Added vehicle value
Light weight - approximately 1/3 the weight of most factory hoods
Improved vehicle performance
Corrosion resistance

Q:What is the average weight of hoods?

A: Hood weights differ depending on the size, but the average is between 12-15 lbs. Typically density of steel is 7 g/cc, for carbon it is 2 g/cc so our hoods are approximately 1/3 the weight of a comparable steel hood. We have designed an Ultra-light full-framed hood for a Honda Civic 2003, which weighs only 5 1/2 lbs, while our heaviest hood is for a Volvo 850 at 18 lbs vs. 58 lbs for factory.

Q:Can carbon fibre products be made as strong as steel?

A:Yes.Carbon or Graphite fibres are a man-made material which is 3 times stronger and 5 times stiffer than steel. This enables us to produce products that are much lighter but the equivalent strength of steel. Kevlar is lighter than carbon fibre and steel but not as stiff as carbon fibre. This makes our "hybrid" material of Carbon/Kevlar even more appealing, not to mention the available colors.

Q:How durable are these parts?

A:The Carbon fibre can last longer than any metal because it is resistant to fatigue or corrosion. We have developed our own exclusive blend of UV stable laminating resin for use in all our products. Our resin is ultra-clear, has a UV rating of approximately 7000 Hours /1000 Hours is equivalent to 1 year in Miami climate/ and has a very high impact resistance. Generally, a falling tree branch of a stray baseball would not damage our carbon fibre hood but could leave a steel hood with a dent.

hope that answers ur question

my mate would be able to make you one!!

you would have to provide the oe bonnet, he would cover it in masking tape and make afibre glass skin the make the carbon fit over the fibre glass then butcher the oe bonnet so that the carbon can fit over the oe skin and put it back on and re-aline it!!
your looking at around 800 quid
this way would garentee a good fit but actually weigh more than the oe bonnet but if its just for looks then that wont bother you too much!!

Back