Styling PICS: Sitting on coilovers + Carbon Vinyl Roof

Currently reading:
Styling PICS: Sitting on coilovers + Carbon Vinyl Roof

the DTS coilovers are adjustable height but fixed damping. The ride on my jtd with them is great. Not too harshly damped and imo better than standard - very little body roll in corners.

looks very nice, i'm intrigued can you still drive the stilo to it's full capabilities with it being that low? i made the mistake of buying some cheap eurocarparts front springs for mine and they sagged no where near as low as yours but it drove me nuts every lump and bump in the road i'd scrape over.

is your new suspension adjustable or fixed damping? is the ride height adjustable?

Yeh, i have AP coilovers on mine. Yes, to be fair, I do have some issues somtimes with speed bumpers, and big dips in the road. but i just love the way it handles now, and the looks! its amazing how many people turn and look, now that its on the floor!

puzzled why people use the term coilovers? am i being thick surely all front springs on stilo's are coilovers? :confused:

does coilover mean the coil of the spring is over the shock?

what does AP mean marshall is that a brand name or technical term?

scuse my thickness(y)

have they got adjustable damping?

Very Nice !!!

I see you got Fog light on the lower front Grill. How did you do that. I am interested as I just bought a pair of Projector Style Foh light from Halfords and was thinking of puting them in where you have yours.

I'll apreciate some sugestion or tips in respect to this.:)

(y)

Right, here goes. Heres some pictures of the fogs and a few of how they are mounted to the car. to actually mount the units to the car i made a bracket (which u can see in the pictures). this is bolted to one the big silver bolts on the front of the car. if people are interested in doing this ill make a little guide in the guides section.

I know the job isnt perfect but it was my first attempt, as no one else had done it at the time.

hope the pics are of some use.

Attachments

• IMG_4676.JPG
    IMG_4676.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4678.JPG
    IMG_4678.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4679.JPG
    IMG_4679.JPG
    903 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4680.JPG
    IMG_4680.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4684.JPG
    IMG_4684.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4689.JPG
    IMG_4689.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4688.JPG
    IMG_4688.JPG
    855.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4686.JPG
    IMG_4686.JPG
    800.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4685.JPG
    IMG_4685.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
(y)

Thanks. Great job.

How are they conected? A separate switch or did you conect the lights to your Fog Light switch in the care.

:)

Finally got the coilovers on at the weekend.:D
Recently aditions to the car are:
ap coilovers
10mm spacers on the back
carbon fibre roof
Audi S3 Ariel
rear view mirror refinished in mat black
schumacher rear bumper

here are a couple of pics. hope everyone likes.
give me your views on it!
mint condition!

The rear is on the lowest setting but the front isnt. i cant go any lower on front as front is stupidly low as it is.

i got them off a forum member. you can also get them from:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AP-Coilov...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f024228e4
but as you probably know, they arent cheap for the stilos. well worth the money though :D

also the car looks slightly different now as iv added the schumacher front bumper and alfa leather seats!

Attachments

• IMG_5394edit.jpg
    IMG_5394edit.jpg
    524.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 321291_10150394122880903_752685902_10321227_1079378650_n.jpg
    321291_10150394122880903_752685902_10321227_1079378650_n.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 42
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yeh I do love the front Schumacher bumper, it's transformed the car!

I will get pictures of the suspension next time iv got the wheels off, (which won't be long with me)

The front bumper I brought from a forum member which was brand new, and the back I got from a scrapyard for £50

wow I can not find the front bumper and rear bumper in romania. I need that picture have to get the suspension and I want to know how to mount. you needed some adjustments or was plug and play? cheers and respect

I don't understand this "Height adjustable coilovers front and rear. On the front axle struts you need to measure the whole distance of the lower mounting drills. This distance has to be 58mm." distance of? I get a picture of what I understand

I mounted the suspension and over small bumps i hear a noise like a squeaky front.What that could be?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back