Technical Is it worth having a carbon-fibre hood?

Currently reading:
Technical Is it worth having a carbon-fibre hood?

I got a Stilo 1.6 Active Sport which is the best car i have ever had, so naturally im really looking after it!

Im looking into buying a Carbon-fibre hood to reduce the weight and save some penny's on petrol but is it worth the hassle?

I am unsure as to whether there would be any great weight reductions from the standard hood to a carbon-fibre one, Any Suggestions???

Carbon-fibre Hood

Yea i know exactly what you mean, i would probably save more money by walking to work for 5 days instead! lol

Every little helps tho, and it looks good along with a nice low suspension.

Anyone out there already got a carbon-fibre hood fitted??

Re: Carbon-fibre Hood

Have you considered a diet? You might be able to save weight there.. Suggest going to the loo before driving too. Oh and drive naked.

In all seriousness, it's not a racing car and the few Kg saving would be a drop in the ocean. Invest in a digital tyre pump. It'll save you more in tyres and fuel than the bonnet ever will - although it won't look as bling if that's actually what you're after.

[1] there isnt one currently in production.
[2] definitely not cost effective to have it made.
[3] diet coke is available from most shops these days..:p

I asked about this and got shot down aswell... Think it would look cool, however didnt realise there was'nt any in production? So think thats your answer.

not worth it at all for what you want it to acheive. you're better off taking out the spare wheel.

but if you want it for cool looks, then feel free to be the first :cool:

LMAO, good point Oz, I suppose you could also consider removing rear seats too.

theyre some heavy s***. when i stripped the rear half of my car to do the audio, there was much less stability in the rear. also the engine didnt do much work for a lot of pace, and saw a 4mpg rise in average economy, and that was only over 3 days and not much driving.

theyre some heavy s***. when i stripped the rear half of my car to do the audio, there was much less stability in the rear. also the engine didnt do much work for a lot of pace, and saw a 4mpg rise in average economy, and that was only over 3 days and not much driving.

My mate with the 1.1 Pug 106 has stripped out his back seats, spare, etc and it's made quite a difference to the MPG. He's getting well over 50 to the gallon now, though he's driving like a granny to try an eek out even more from the tank. It's become a bit of an obsession for him at the moment :D

Back