500 Canbus is dead

Currently reading:
500 Canbus is dead

Hi, made a huge mistake and now my Abarth 595 is dead. I was using MES to change the settings in the BCM for carplay, somehow I've manged to kill the can and nothing works. Is there anyway to get back into the can? Is there anyway to get the CAN bus back to life?

What was you trying to do ?
A custom proxi coding?

Do you have the original code saved somewhere?
Hi, yes I was in the BCM changing Proxi alignment to set carplay on. I kept a copy of the original proxi settings before making any chnages. Then I got a failure saying most body modules where disabled. The problem nnow is I can't get the OBD to power up to undo the changes. Everything is dead.

Sorry to here this! no idea how to restore but someone more informed hopefully will be along soon!
Supports my theory that MES on occasion does things and makes changes that you did not want! it removed my ability to turn my DRL lamps on and off from the speedo menu when i did a proxy for my 2012 car!.

I think you may have to bite the bullet and take it to Fiat, you may have bricked the cars body computer and if it can be saved that might only be with a Fiat examiner set up

Probably not!- but its free so might as well try!
No joy :(
You've tried battery off for 30 mins or so?
My car won't even let me access ODBII, the whole display just closes down. Could this be a battery problem? Even if I made errors in the proxi alignment should I still be able to access the ODBII with MES to make corrections?

If you do a scan does it come up with any modules at all?

Do the communication might flash at all your your interface!
I can't do a scan, within seconds of turning key on engine off the whole display shuts down. I can't even use central locking. After a short time I can open up doors using key fob. We only bought the car 3 days ago, maybe travelled 150 miles max.

I can't do a scan, within seconds of turning key on engine off the whole display shuts down. I can't even use central locking. After a short time I can open up doors using key fob. We only bought the car 3 days ago, maybe travelled 150 miles max.
Any chance previous owner was aware of any problems that you may have made worse.
Are all the lives and earth points at OBD port working correctly, incase any fuses or wires damaged?
You probably have these details, but just incase for checking.

Attachments

• DSCF1157.JPG
    DSCF1157.JPG
    472.1 KB · Views: 23
Any chance previous owner was aware of any problems that you may have made worse.
Are all the lives and earth points at OBD port working correctly, incase any fuses or wires damaged?
You probably have these details, but just incase for checking.
Everything was good until I tried to enable carplay using mes. I'm now suspecting the battery. Maybe it died mid update?

Back