Multiecuscan - ABS Light issue

Currently reading:
Multiecuscan - ABS Light issue

Lucky7

Evening guys, bit of a long one. I've got an issue with an ABS warning light on my dash that has been niggling me for a while so any help will be appreciated.

It appeared a few months ago after starting my car to go home from work, it was fine a few hours before when I went out for lunch.

I downloaded multi ecu scan (1.3 at the time) which only showed an error of "open circuit short circuit at +V batt" in simulation mode which isn't very helpful.

A month or so after that the platts fiat garage put it on their system and noted that it was the o/s/f abs sensor that needed replacing so I finally got around to buying one and fitted it earlier.

I've downloaded multi ecu scan 1.6 and hooked it up again using the correct cables etc. Here is what happend below when I connect (scan).

1 - EBD faliure appears on dash and then disappears (this does not appear normally when starting the car)

2- ABS light clears for 2-3 seconds then reappears with the warning

3 - The multiecuscan window displays an "invalid ISO code" message

4 - I mutter some obscenities and we're back to square one.

Worth noting that it still says "open circuit short circuit at +V batt" in simulation.

Like I said, any help will be appreciated before I take it to fiat to have a look at. Cheers, Josh.

You don't say what your car is, i.e. exact model and year etc.

I would initially ignore your points 1 and 2. When MultiECUScan connects to most cars the dash warning lights/messages can generally be ignored.

Point 3 is the one to focus on.

If you do a "Scan" F11 in MultiECUScan is should report a list control units and ISO codes. Also note the ISO code when you get the "invalid ISO code" error and try to connect anyway.

Armed with this information you can then post the problem/question on the MultiECUScan website where I'm sure you will get help.

You don't say what your car is, i.e. exact model and year etc.

I would initially ignore your points 1 and 2. When MultiECUScan connects to most cars the dash warning lights/messages can generally be ignored.

Point 3 is the one to focus on.

If you do a "Scan" F11 in MultiECUScan is should report a list control units and ISO codes. Also note the ISO code when you get the "invalid ISO code" error and try to connect anyway.

Armed with this information you can then post the problem/question on the MultiECUScan website where I'm sure you will get help.
Apologies, it's a 1.4 8v Grande punto GP 2009 :)

Thanks for the reply, I shall give that a go later on and head over there then - fingers crossed it's only a minor issue!

Thanks again, Josh.

Back