can we serve a second version eper?

Currently reading:
can we serve a second version eper?

Could it not be run in CrossOver Linux / Wine?. Or is it a bit filthy using MS SQL or something rediculous like that?.
Hadn't looked into Wine before ... that does seem interesting as no, it uses it's own proprietory data files.

I run a few linux boxes, but always via SSH - is there a remote desktop available for linux, so as to be able to log in and start the Eper up?

Hadn't looked into Wine before ... that does seem interesting as no, it uses it's own proprietory data files.

I run a few linux boxes, but always via SSH - is there a remote desktop available for linux, so as to be able to log in and start the Eper up?

Yes you could install Xorg and then KDE desktop manager then setup a vncserver then you could just remote in like you would a windows server using a VNC Client. Then use that to control the GUI. I'd recommend Crossover Linux rather than wine as it seems a lot more refined, i use it to run Windows based apps such as utorrent, Serv-U FTP server. It can even run games such as Half-Life 2 if you so required :D.

lol it's unstable enough on native Windows, will probably be even worse on CrossOver Linux or Wine.

Nah if it runs it will be as stable as its not a emulator it actually runs the windows subsystem hence why its called Wine (Wine Is Not an Emulator).

The beauty of wine is you don't need to reboot the server you just relaunch the program when the thread dies.

This one is good for cars uptil dec 05:-

But yea we need a more stable older version :).
Hello, my name is Felix, I am the owner for the site..... We did make EPER available as a free service, sorry it was unstable, but we are far away in South Africa. However we ended up with huge bills for bandwidth consumption, as hosting is very expensive here, and there was no business or income. so we had to protect the site with login.... It is the same login as our lancait site and only costs Euro 5,-.
the main reason was acutlly that robots from Poland were trying to rip the site. I hope you can understand that. We do stock plenty of vintage FIAT spares. You are welcome.

62906-noooo.jpg

i know i keep bringing up the whole eper thing but the last 3 weeks have been pretty bad and it does help the forum if i can get on eper to give better advice.

anyone got a working link?

i know i keep bringing up the whole eper thing but the last 3 weeks have been pretty bad and it does help the forum if i can get on eper to give better advice.

anyone got a working link?

i searched for about 10 mins when this thread was created and couldnt find one.

im normally good at finding stuff.

anyway when i win the lottery i will donate lots of money and everything will work:p

Back