cameras

Currently reading:
cameras

jamie03

Basically 78mph roughly by a mobile, braked as soon as I saw it (just below bridge), but someone today told me i wont get done because down gretna way they usually only look for 80 plus? Someone else told me that punto speedos usually over-read as well, are these things true? Another thing i got told i If i was to get a letter, I could ask if it had been callibrated or somethin:confused: thanks

my punto over-reads by a few mph (<3), tested against sat nav

if you got a punto 2b blame the speedo they not got 30, 50, 70 marks on them , you might aswell give a wonderful excuse if you trying to get out of it

my mk1 punto is a terrible over reader

30 real = 37mph gauge
40 real = 51 gauge
60= 69 gauge
70 = 82 gauge.

tested against two sat nav's.

I just use revs and the basis of 500rpm per 10mph to work out speed as the speedo is wnk.

this is with std tyres too!!!
with 14" sporting wheels and tyres it would be much closer to the real speed (I think fiat were just lazy and fitted same speedo to the whole mk1 range, even though they have different wheels/ tyres/g'boxs etc:rolleyes:

yep all speedos are like that. they're supposed to be.

stick some bigger wheels on and its far more accurate.

at 78mph indicated speed on a 70mph limit road i would not expect to get a ticket.

if the device used was a handheld speed gun you can request a valid calibration certificate. if the date of calibration is more than 6 months before the speeding offence you get away with it.

Back