Calls to ban 'anti-teen' device

Currently reading:
Calls to ban 'anti-teen' device

Society's that feel under attack maybe... but this is too indiscriminate, what about kids under 10 or disabled kids, those afflicted with Autism etc? Unless they are only switched on when only those up to no-good are about and normal people are at home in bed.

I dont think it should be banned.

I work in a shop and on a night we get a lot of gangs of kids about causing trouble.
People are put off from coming into the store if there are kids about, sometimes the pinch from us etc etc.

At one point kids attacked a man who ran in the shop, they smashed the shop door in to carry on attacking him!

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/39Victim-could-have-died39.1363531.jp

So if these devices stop kids like that hanging about then i say we keep 'em

those mosquito things dont work, so a ban wont make any difference, as long as they dont ban air rifles we can all disperse teens with ease.

half of them wouldn't hesitate to steal you wallet, so I don't feel any sort of duty of care towards them.

They're quite prepared to put themselves on the firing line in other way so I don't think banning these devides or not banning them makes much difference.

i say keep them and i also think they do work.

Theres a shop near me uses a similar thing and you never get gangs hanging around there anymore. I can hear it myself and it is annoying, but i still support the idea. Its intimidating when theres groups of drunk teens outside a shop and although they've never said or done anything to me, you still hear storys about problems they can cause in the news... abuse, muggings, just plain violence etc. It certainly makes you feel safer with the device in place, keeping the gangs away. so for me, im very supportive of this device.

Throwing breeze blocks at their heads works better (when there causing trouble!). To bloody PC in this country if the government wasn't so soft and too busy pleasing everyone else on the planet except for die hard brits we wouldn't have the gangs of yobbo thugs to begin with! :mad:

Rant over :devil: :eek:

Ban teenagers and Chavs. End of problem!

I don't have a problem with this device other than it simply moves the problem elsewhere. A better way would be to have curfews after which the device can be turned on. Kids should not be roaming the streets at night nor congregating in large groups unless supervised.

A better solution would be to have a 9pm curfew for under 16's and a no more than 3 in a group regulation like they do in New York City. It works VERY well over there so there is no reason why it can't work here too.

But there also has to be places for young people to go. More supervised youth/ sports centres and clubs and the emphasis on parents also taking responsibility for their own children. Break the curfew and you get warnings. By the third warning you have to be grounded for a set amount of time and the parents are prosecuted.

No doubt some stupid "human rights" lawyer will come along and get any curfew thrown out as being discriminatory and a breach of civil liberties. Then we'll be back to undisciplined and unsupervised kids roaming the streets again...

But there also has to be places for young people to go. More supervised youth/ sports centres and clubs and the emphasis on parents also taking responsibility for their own children. Break the curfew and you get warnings. By the third warning you have to be grounded for a set amount of time and the parents are prosecuted.

Yeah but who's going to pay for that?. Goverment is too busy squandering money on useless crap like fighting stuuuuupid wars because george bush wants us too, giving millions of £'s a month to foreign familys (living abroad) in child benefit just because the father works here??! :confused::bang:. And don't forget the sponging society!.

already happened............

SW London about 2 - 3 years ago if I remember correctly. No reason we can't bring it in again and then take the stupid human rights lawyer to court for allowing dysfunctional youths to take away OUR civil liberties...

Yeah but who's going to pay for that?. Goverment is too busy squandering money on useless crap like fighting stuuuuupid wars because george bush wants us too, giving millions of £'s a month to foreign familys (living abroad) in child benefit just because the father works here??! :confused::bang:. And don't forget the sponging society!.

Well, any (realistic!) suggestions as to how to deal with the problem would be good. And I don't mean shoot on sight, though some of the scrotes seriously deserve that...

SW London about 2 - 3 years ago if I remember correctly. No reason we can't bring it in again and then take the stupid human rights lawyer to court for allowing dysfunctional youths to take away OUR civil liberties...

Well, any (realistic!) suggestions as to how to deal with the problem would be good. And I don't mean shoot on sight, though some of the scrotes seriously deserve that...

Don't get me wrong its a brilliant suggestion, just cut back spending in stupid areas and put the money saved into various community projects to benefit British people for a change instead of everyone else in the world :mad:.

i think there an absolute disgrace and should be banned, i am 22 and am a window cleaning and i used to have a few regular customers opposite some shops with one of these devices, i ended up dropping them and telling them why because some stupid peice of **** at the shop is hurting my ears,

i think there an absolute disgrace and should be banned, i am 22 and am a window cleaning and i used to have a few regular customers opposite some shops with one of these devices, i ended up dropping them and telling them why because some stupid peice of **** at the shop is hurting my ears,

So for window cleaners its bad.

But we're talking about the youths.

Back