Brother had a crash, need some advice about how to get rid of car

Currently reading:
Brother had a crash, need some advice about how to get rid of car

cant thank chrisUK's post...but i wanted to.

believe me he's learnt his lesson...police are doing him for "driving without due care and attention" because of the 6 people. The driving instructor was apparently the biggest grass u ever did see (despite the fact my bro weren't gonna lie) and verrrrry quickly told the police there was 6 people lol

so yes hes been pulled for the 6 people...our only "unknown" is what the ins. company will say...

to clarify...this is 1 driver 5 passengers, i.e. 6 total occupants including driver.

Last edited:
cant thank chrisUK's post...but i wanted to.

believe me he's learnt his lesson...police are doing him for "driving without due care and attention" because of the 6 people. The driving instructor was apparently the biggest grass u ever did see (despite the fact my bro weren't gonna lie) and verrrrry quickly told the police there was 6 people lol

so yes hes been pulled for the 6 people...our only "unknown" is what the ins. company will say...

to clarify...this is 1 driver 5 passengers, i.e. 6 total occupants including driver.

Don't blame him, I would do exactly the same. He doesn't know that your brother wasn't going to lie does he?

i do. his primary concern was making sure my bro got done "good and proper" didn't give a s*** that they're might have been injured people on scene...he locked himself in his own instructors car for fear of being attacked by six youths who've just been in a car crash...

granted what my bro did was silly...but it was obvious to anyone that saw that he wasn't going to "make off"...so why not try and help rather than hinder?

I'm guessing by the time your brother got to the instructors car to find what he was doing, the instructor had verified if there were any serious injuries that required medical attention.

If I saw a car crash with 6 people in, and it was a small hatch I'd phone the police, and I don't think I'd say that I had phoned the police if they started coming over to the car.

Sorry, driving over the maximum number of passengers is just plain stupid. Overtaking with more passengers than seatbelts is doubly stupid.

Perhaps this £200+ cost from the storage place might knock a couple of braincells together in his head and he won't be such a bonehead in the future.

the instructor didnt verify anything....when my bro knocked on his window, he asked "are you phoning someone?" he replied "yes i've called an ambulance for you and your friends"....

no ambulance ever turned up just 4 police vans and a squad car...

he definitely wont be...he wont be driving in the near future...his premium will be ridiculous that's if he doesn't get straight refused...it was already very high (as he wasn't fronting or anything else dodgy)

in his slight defence the two that were on-top of each other were skinny and could (and did) share a seatbelt....no excuse i know but i found it humorous that he "tried"

If your Bro walked over to the car and asked "are you phoning someone?" then I can tell nobody is seriously hurt.

If your Bro ran over to the car shouting "someone's hurt, can you phone for help" then I can tell someone is possibly hurt.

The driving instructor was well within his rights to do what he did. Your brother, carrying too many people and then crashing after overtaking sounds like classic joy riding. The driving instructor may well have thought since it was being driven like he stole it... that it was stolen. How was he to know how your brother would react to him phoning the police?

I didn't know it would actually void you insurance to do that.

There was an episode on traffic cops about a year ago they pulled over a overloaded car of teenagers......

they then phoned the lads insurance co and asked if he was covered as he had overloaded the car with passengers they said no and voided the policy and they had his car towed away

Suppose the good thing is they all walked away alive and your Brother has now learnt a very expensive lesson Bet he wont repeat it any time soon

Why was he overtaking, on roads he doesn't know, with 6 people in the car in the first place?

Driving instructor did what anybody with common sense would do, he shouldn't be on the road in the first place if that's the extent of his driving ability.

There was an episode on traffic cops about a year ago they pulled over a overloaded car of teenagers......

they then phoned the lads insurance co and asked if he was covered as he had overloaded the car with passengers they said no and voided the policy and they had his car towed away

Suppose the good thing is they all walked away alive and your Brother has now learnt a very expensive lesson Bet he wont repeat it any time soon
(y) I knew I'd seen it somewhere.

Back