Technical Brake switch - auto Panda problems

Currently reading:
Technical Brake switch - auto Panda problems

I think that fiat should replace all the faulty products they sell even if its a few years old? I have a 05 panda dynamic duologic that had £1300 spent having the electronics repaired on the gearbox and my car has only done 17,000 miles now even though its a few years old.in my eyes parts should last longer than 17,000 miles.I think parts should have a madatery 60,000 mile warrantee for parts irrespective of how old the car is.

I think that fiat should replace all the faulty products they sell even if its a few years old? I have a 05 panda dynamic duologic that had £1300 spent having the electronics repaired on the gearbox and my car has only done 17,000 miles now even though its a few years old.in my eyes parts should last longer than 17,000 miles.I think parts should have a madatery 60,000 mile warrantee for parts irrespective of how old the car is.

I've to classic auto pandas, about 18 years old and one with 26k and other 31k on clock. Would you say same should apply to them in the event of gearbox failure?

Consumer goods act or something like that states substantial parts on cars should last upto 6years before they need changing so I've been told, but that is subject to a reasonable mileage having been covered anyway.

Well i just think that with such a low millage as 15,000 miles when all this work was done the car was only four years old. i just find that parts on cars should be warranteed on milage rather than years..?I bought this car within a few months of all this work being carried out and i just hope that the new parts last a bit longer...the car has been very well looked after and serviced .and it dosnt get hammered or even the previous owner who had it from new.

The part is not available until 10th March. They offered me a hire car which I would have to collect myself from Stafford, and swap over my car insurance to cover it. It's a Astra Club sport so would cost a LOT more than my Panda to insure.

Needless to say, not happy with Fiat nor the so called "service" they have provided.

At my dealer I coudn't get my insurance to cover their car, so I had to take out their £10 per day insurance, which was bearable for the three days it took, though sounds like a bit longer for you.

Not sure what your budget is. You could look at a Civic/Jazz or maybe an auto Yaris. Yaris's tend to hold their value though.

Trouble is I would guess that it's generally the bigger cars that have more autos knocking about.

Back