Technical Boot lock

Currently reading:
Technical Boot lock

aparker

I have a 67 Reg Panda has non-remote cental locking, however this does not include the boot catch. Is there an easy modification to overcome this issue?

Thank you

My 66 reg Pop is the same. At a minimum, you'd need to install the central locking motor and the switch to open the boot. Hopefully the required wiring is already in place.

As I feared. We will just manage as things are.
Probably best :)
The boot isn’t locked/unlocked by central locking. Instead, when the car is locked, the electrical supply to the switch (which you don’t have, between the two number plate lights) that operates the catch release motor (which you also don’t have) is disconnected. This is probably controlled by the body computer and so would need reprogramming once all the necessary parts were sourced and fitted.

Probably best :)
I agree less to go wrong, what is the old saying, less is more:). The reason I chose a Pop over the Easy or the Lounge as I love the simplicity of it, has everything you need & was £3k cheaper than the Easy at the time I purchased mine. I prefer the proper old school mechanical key as I find the Fiat remote keys a bit flimsy & feel like they would break very easily. The only thing I think Fiat could have done was to fit a boot release cable by the drivers seat like the older Fiat's had

Back