General Boot Courtesy Light

Currently reading:
General Boot Courtesy Light

muffin999

When I bought my Fiat 500 I noticed there was no light in the boot which is a problem if you are looking for something on a dark night.I have been told there are fitting's in the boot to which I can if I buy one fit a boot light.Can someone confirm this and if so how easy are they to fit and also what would I expect to pay for the light.It is a 2012 model

When I did mine it was very easy- all the wiring/connector/switch was there already and it was literally a case of finding the wire and connector, plugging the connector onto the boot light that I'd bought and then plugging the connected unit into the cut out in the boot plastic.

The only thing I can't remember is whether I had to remove the piece of boot trim where the light unit plugs into to get at the wire- if I did, it was one or two screws only, very easy. If not, I just fished around through the cut out until I found it.

Bought the light fitting complete off a dealer on here for around £15- expensive for what it is but easy. Probably a lot cheaper/more available nowadays.

When I did mine it was very easy- all the wiring/connector/switch was there already and it was literally a case of finding the wire and connector, plugging the connector onto the boot light that I'd bought and then plugging the connected unit into the cut out in the boot plastic.

The only thing I can't remember is whether I had to remove the piece of boot trim where the light unit plugs into to get at the wire- if I did, it was one or two screws only, very easy. If not, I just fished around through the cut out until I found it.

Bought the light fitting complete off a dealer on here for around £15- expensive for what it is but easy. Probably a lot cheaper/more available nowadays.

Grande Punto boot light is the same, I got mine from a breakers yard for 2 quid!

Back