Technical Blue & Me : Odometer Flashing ?

Currently reading:
Technical Blue & Me : Odometer Flashing ?

Nike55

Bluetooth not working, odometer flashing, battery drain.

Removed unit from under seat had it tested and no fault found.

Any ideas?

Bluetooth not working, odometer flashing, battery drain.

Removed unit from under seat had it tested and no fault found.

Any ideas?
You may get more feedback in the Panda(2012+) area, but I do work on both, so I will try to help.
Flashing odometer usually indicates a canbus problem, mostly with the Bluetooth module.
Simplest answer is to attempt to get codes read. It's likely one module will fail to respond, which will narrow down the area to look at.
Could be as simple as a poor connection.
Other than the Blue&Me modules, Panda canbus nodes are usually pretty robust.
What model/year/engine?
Where are you based?
There may be a forum member locally who has MultiECUScan, which can read codes and search for modules.

You may get more feedback in the Panda(2012+) area, but I do work on both, so I will try to help.
Flashing odometer usually indicates a canbus problem, mostly with the Bluetooth module.
Simplest answer is to attempt to get codes read. It's likely one module will fail to respond, which will narrow down the area to look at.
What model/year/engine?
Where are you based?
There may be a forum member locally who has MultiECUScan, which can read codes and search for modules.
Thanks for reply. Vehicle is currently at a Fiat main dealer....now I know the Blue & Me unit is ok I'll ask them to check the rest of the system..

Did the battery still go flat with B+M unplugged ;-)
Good question

Blue&me fault Bluetooth are known to drain the battery when they go faulty, which should stop when it's disconnected

Blue&me modules are known to get corrupt their program memory when the battery goes flat, not sure if this effects every generation,

Chicken and egg, which came first

Blue&me came out around 2011 I have never seen one on the 169 model panda, I have no circit diagrams showing the blue&me on the 169, I suspect this car will be post 2012
Correct
Correct
What model/year/engine?
Inportant information the post 2012 model is very different
Where are you based?

Too late now, as its with the dealer, it would have been interesting to see what happens if you tried to do an update. Whether it would try to communicate

Without the correct software to interigate the canbus nodes it's does become more like a guessing game

Last edited:
Derby based company called 'ECU testing'....
Well if it came back as not being faulty, then putting it back in the car and doing a new proxi alignment should have cleared any problems.

The Bluetooth is controlled within the blue and me module so if that’s not working that confirms that is where the problem lies. Flashing odo means there is an alignment problem on the can network within the car.

If out of the car everything is tested and working with no faults found it therefore suggests it’s an alignment issue between the B&M module and the car.

That all said, now it’s with the fiat dealer it will be very much up to them to decide what is wrong and bill you accordingly

Well if it came back as not being faulty, then putting it back in the car and doing a new proxi alignment should have cleared any problems.

The Bluetooth is controlled within the blue and me module so if that’s not working that confirms that is where the problem lies. Flashing odo means there is an alignment problem on the can network within the car.

If out of the car everything is tested and working with no faults found it therefore suggests it’s an alignment issue between the B&M module and the car.

That all said, now it’s with the fiat dealer it will be very much up to them to decide what is wrong and bill you accordingly
Let's not forget powers and ground normaly my first check

Cold be as simple as a blown fuse

Waste of time me speculating now as its in other people's hands

Did the battery still go flat with B+M unplugged ;-)

Don't know as vehicle in main dealer workshop for past week - I put a new battery on a couple of days before I took it in. The original battery was old, the wrong type and wouldn't take a charge.

I'm going to have the Blue & Me module modified to futureproof it then give it back to the garage to fault find - while they're putting on 4 new discs and pads, two tyre, two rear shocks, timing chain gasket, clutch and front lower arms.....!

I'm going to have the Blue & Me module modified to futureproof it
future proof it how ? This is a ~400mhz arm processor running a version of windows embedded automotive which depending which version of blue and me you have, support ended in 2011 there really isn’t any option to future proof it.

future proof it how ? This is a ~400mhz arm processor running a version of windows embedded automotive which depending which version of blue and me you have, support ended in 2011 there really isn’t any option to future proof it.
Hardware issues - not software.

Back