Technical No radio, whole dash lcd flashing, crazy indicators on power on ... Found the culprit !

Currently reading:
Technical No radio, whole dash lcd flashing, crazy indicators on power on ... Found the culprit !

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Otterjack

After working with the radio wires because it wasn't fully inserted in its slot, now the little panda has a nice clean 1DIN bluetooth radio ... but after reconnecting the battery it doesn't power on.
I then turn off the dash and turn it back on, (something like a soft reset) and the indicators needles vibrate (what ?), high beam light on (what ??), clock has reset to 0:00 (whaaat ???) and after a couple of seconds all the display start flashing (not only the odometer).
My car was born without radio, so it has no need of the proxy alignment when changing it (already had the two universal white and black connectors adn antenna but nothing more).

Checked the forum for info, found THIS discussion with the same case but no solution was given. After the initial dash needle chaos car starts and runs fine.

Well, if you find yourself in this situation, don't panic and check the 10A F39 fuse on the body computer. It relays continuous power to the body computer itself, dashboard and radio to keep memory (radio stations, soft power off of dash, etc ...). Disconnect battery to change it, because as stated, it works with direct battery voltage and you could make a little spark putting it in live.
Problem solved (y)

I hope this little experience could be useful to anyone with the same problem. :)

This is probably what caused my 100HP failure to start after the Coof lockdown. I pulled and tested all fuses to no avail. I tested every relay with a 9V battery. They all clicked. Still not change. I swapped the relays around and it suddenly worked. Presumably the body computer was not getting power. It’s was perfect until I decided to break the car. It was already written off by a deer.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back