Been Sacked

Currently reading:
Been Sacked

On tuesday I got sacked for violent conduct threw a screwdriver at someone. Been working there for over 2 years.

Do they have to still pay me my unused holiday?

When do they have to pay me for the days I have worked this month?

Blimey mate.. What job did you have?

When i got sacked, i wasnet even given any type of warnings and all i did was stood up for myself against a bullying boss.

I'd only been there for a while so didnt bother with tirbunal. But they withheld my final monies until i had returned all there belongings (uniform/secuirty i.d/tools etc..) then i got paid by cheque what i was owed.

They did pay my remaining holiday but i dont think they have too.

what did they do to **** you off?

i once got restrained by 2 members of staff who had to stop me from throwing another member of staff down the concrete stairs to the basement ... i'd already got a grip of her:eek:

in hindsight they said they wish they hadnt have stopped me :shrug:

luckily she didnt dare complain and nobody else mentioned it to my managers (i was the most senior member of staff at the time).

Last edited:
You should get some statutory holiday pay but, your employer might be able to give you less than the full amount because you were sacked for what could amount to 'gross misconduct'.

You are entitled to 20 days every year under the 'working time regulations'. Your contract of employment will tell you what you are contractually entitled to. Your employer has to pay you something for the accrued statutory days but not for any extra days you would have been entitled to in your contract. Your employer might only give you half of your normal daily rate for the remaining accrued statutory leave that you are entitled to.

If you're sacked half way through the year your employer has to give you something for the 10 statutory days you have accrued, assuming you have not used any holiday entitlement. If you used 5 days obviously thats taken away from the entitlement.

Last edited:
A lot depends on what your contract of employment says.

I think they might have to give you whatever holiday you've got for the part of the year you've been working. Say for every week you get half a days holiday......if you'd worked 4 weeks, you would get 2 days

It's hard to keep your temper when you are young, but learn from this. No matter how bad the provacation they can give you a po faced answer about all the wondeful policies they have in place and the way you can voice your concerns and someone in charge will listen and act (as f*ing if:bang:). Upshot is you are shafted, this is gross misconduct and they can terminate you instantly without paying you a penny and prolly the contract says that. Jugs advice is good and the Arabs say revenge is a dish best eaten cold. There are lots of places to work but regetably there are more than enough irritating people to go round all of them so when you get this wound up again, please keep cool.

i once got restrained by 2 members of staff who had to stop me from throwing another member of staff down the concrete stairs to the basement ...

Lol...Only 2?!

I only ever had one 'violent' incident at work where I picked up this guy by his collar and held him up against the big metal fridges at arms length in the McD's where I worked while I was at college.....

I like to think of it as my Darth Vader moment :eek: :devil:

Only once did I have a mad moment [normally I'm calm and collected] charge hand in central engineering welding shop had a bad habit of talking down to me and prodding me while he did it..I took it for so long [being calm and collected] then I went in on one 2 to 10 shift and he started again..:mad:

Bang down he went..

Up he got [big mistake]

Bang down he went again..

Forman came over to me and said I was lucky no one would substantiate the fact I had downed him..needlessly to say he didnt do it again..from that point though my metal locker was broken in to and my tools got stolen..securty on the site found my burning lamp in his locker though when he got turned over in a search one day.. result..:slayer:

Last edited:
Back