Technical battery flats in 5days?

Currently reading:
Technical battery flats in 5days?

My 98 20VT is my 2nd car (got the Bravo mjet 150 as my daily ride), so I haven't touch the coupe since sunday (5days ago), last night after work i thought wake her up but when I use my fob, the light flushed 3times, which is normal, but the door remains lock, it was late and I don't want to set the alarm off, so I left it.
just try again this morning, same as last night, so I used the key to open the door but the car won't start, checked everything and I'm sure I haven't left anything on sinced I used the car last time, so is it normal the battery gone flat after 4-5days?:confused:

I wouldn't say thats normal. Is the battery and alternator 100%?

I only had the car for a few weeks, but the battery looks pretty new, anyway, I've been using it every other day in the first couple weeks and have no problem at all, it is the first time I leave it stationary as I starting to work on it, anyway, I managed to borrow a charger from a mate, so will give the battery a charge and see how it goes.

more info. the needle of the battery pointing at just over 9V, car stereo still work, central working doesn't, so I'm 100% sure the battery is flat, the question is, is it just the battery or the alternator? :mad:

OK, I've had the battery recharged and been using it daily for couple weeks and it starts first time everytime, got the injectors off last week to send them away for clean, so the battery were disconneted for a week, just put the injectors back on and the car starts first time, so i come up with the conclusion is the alarm drian the power while it is not in use.
I wanted to take the alarm off altogether, my question is, is the coupe easy to steal? (i guess not as the key is coded) without the alarm, does my remote central locking still work?
Thanks
Ryan

It could be the alternator. Unplug the main lead and test the power output contact to earth. A low resistance means the regulator/rectifier has failed and shorting the battery to earth when the engine isnt running.

To check if the power drain is the radio pull the appropriate fuse and disconnect the battery +ve lead and test the current from the battery. It should settle to only a few mA.

Mine had a tracker fitted that I didn't know about! Because it charges an internal battery it drained the main battery after about two weeks. I lived with the problem for a couple of years. I even fitted a charge lead from the garage so I could leave the car on a conditioner charge when not being used!

I discovered the tracker when I took out the rear side pannels! lol

My dad had issues with the battery on a brand new Honda civic (back in 2003). Leaving the car alone for 2 weeks drained the battery. At the same time as he took his into the dealer, a woman was in complaining that her radio drained the battery after only an hour's use.
Seemingly the new stubby style engine bays mean makers have to put in smaller batteries - and they are just meaty enough for the bare essentials.
My dad was also told that the alarm is constantly pulsing the system - which takes it out of the battery, as does the radio holding its code!!
My solution to this was to buy a cheapo solar panel off ebay. I installed an extension lead with a cigar socket (the built in socket only worked through ignition) & the solar panel was tied to the sun visor so that every time he left the car, he put the visor down & as long as there was light, the battery was getting charge.

Back