Technical Fiat coupe indicator not working

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat coupe indicator not working

Hi all

Basically I've just bought a fiat coupe 20v turbo like a week ago and the front driver side indicator has stopped working.

I've done the following to try rectify the problem to no avail:-

Changed the bulb
Used other side indicator bulb
Tested for continuity in the wiring from the bulb holder backwards to near the timing belt cover-all good
Tested for voltage with hazard lights on-getting voltage on both sides the same voltage goes up and down with hazards on
Swapped the indicator bulb holders over and both work in left indicators but both bulb holders won't work in driver side.
Scratched the metal contacts inside the bulb holder and also sprayed electrical contact cleaner but still not working.

I have done every logical thing I can think off and just can't seem to get the front right indicator to work. The other day I noticed it wasn't working so when I slapped the front bumper it came back on so I thought there's a loose wire somewhere but now I can't get it to work whatsoever. I've tried slapping the bumper again but it's not doing the job anymore

If anyone has any ideas please let me know as I'll be driving around with no right indicators until I work it out.

Thanks
JBSpinThatCoupe

So with a bulb in it works with hazard lights on?
Have you tried using a jump lead from the battery earth terminal directly to the metal of the bulb holder.
If a weak connection it may show 12volts but not have sufficient amps to work the bulb.
If you put a voltmeter on it can you see it fluctuate as flasher unit operates.
Sounds like you have checked most things.
How about a cable tracker, you can run the probe along and the signal changes where poor or no connection.
The bumper slapping would indicate a poor connection. Unless you just frightened it ;)

Sorry busgsymike didn't see ur reply.

With a bulb in with hazards on nothing would work. Went out a few hrs later from when I first tried sorting it out this morning and randomly it started working so I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed lol. Poxy cars.

Thanks for replying though

Sorry busgsymike didn't see ur reply.

With a bulb in with hazards on nothing would work. Went out a few hrs later from when I first tried sorting it out this morning and randomly it started working so I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed lol. Poxy cars.

Thanks for replying though
Possible poor earth then as needing even better connection with hazards causing more load on the system.

So I've gone out to the coupe today and the same driver side front indicator is now not working even though yesterday it was. I suspect the bulb holder. Is there any other fiat model indicator bulb holder that fits the coupe anyone is aware of? I couldn't find any coupe indicator bulb holders. Let me know

Cheers
JBSpinThatCoupe

Back